Monday, June 3, 2013

Hannah's Blessing

Hannah was blessed in church on Sunday, and we were so happy to have so many wonderful friends and family there to celebrate!  In our church when a baby is born, they receive a special blessing from worthy priesthood holders.  Hannah was so lucky to have both grandpas, 3 uncles, and some dear friends and of course her daddy give her a very special blessing.  If you would like to know more about what we believe/practice about the priesthood, go here and here or just ask me sometime!  

Among other things, Hannah was blessed that she would be able to develop a love of charity and of serving others, develop a love of learning, find joy in studying the gospel, develop strong relationships with her brothers and sisters, and be strong in the gospel.  It was a very sweet experience, and I could feel how loved this sweet little girl is by her family, friends and especially by her Heavenly Father.  It was a very special day!

After her blessing, we had our family members over for a little cookout and it was so nice to get to spend some time with everybody!  We have such amazing family members.  I love them all so much!  Thanks to everyone who was able to make it!

Here are some pictures of Hannah's special blessing day:

Here's our whole group right before church!


Hannah and all of her cousins (except William!  We missed you, buddy!):


I love how much all of these guys love each other.  They are so much fun!


Our family with my parents, my sister Kelly, her husband Ken, and their kids.  We missed you, Danica!


Our family, complete with two goofy boys!


Why not just embrace it, right?


The best we could do.


Me and Hannah.  She had about had it and was ready to eat.  Poor thing!



Hannah with her Uncle Benjamin.  These pictures melt my heart!  Benjamin is leaving to serve the Lord fro two years as a missionary in Russia, and we will miss him so much!  Love you, Benjamin!




Hannah in her blessing dress.  I am still pretty proud of this dress!  I made it when my niece Evelyn was born, and I made it from my mother's wedding dress.  All of the trim, fabric, lining, etc. are straight from her dress!  I love that it's a family heirloom now.  And I love how cute little Hannah looks in it!  Glad she's putting on some more chub :)












We love you, baby girl!  You are one loved little lady!

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, such great pictures. I love that chunky little baby! Such a sweet day. What a lucky girl.