Sunday, April 14, 2013

Easter!

We had a great Easter weekend!  Ernie and Christy and Lubiana all came into town (Dad was dropping the girls off for the week--turned out to be pretty convenient for me, come Monday night, that's for sure!) so we got to have lots of fun family activities together, which was really nice!

On Friday, before everybody got into town, we also got to do an egg hunt with lots of our good friends from church, and there was even an appearance by the Easter Bunny himself!  Sophie was ecstatic--she really really loves anything in a costume!  Calvin managed to give him a high five, so I think he liked him okay, but then preferred to keep his distance!  Anyways, the egg hunt was so much fun, and the kids all had such a great time!  And I had a great time spending time with friends!

Even though he didn't have school, Ryan wasn't around for the egg hunt--but don't feel too bad for him!  Instead, he spent all day with his little friend Vanessa and her family going bowling, doing arcade games at the bowling alley, having lunch, playing basketball in the driveway, and so on!  He was adorable on the way home.  He was just SO happy.  He was telling me "Mom, I just had SUCH a good time!  I really think Ryan (Vanessa's dad) is like my FRIEND, I mean, we are friends, because he was just SO nice to me!  There wasn't anything about this WHOLE DAY that I didn't like!"  It was really cute, and I was so glad he got to spend a day having fun with friends.  It seemed really timely, because lately it seems like he's having a bit of a hard time with his friends at school, probably mostly because Ryan is completely obsessed with race cars and never wants to do or talk about anything else, so he has a hard time feeling fulfilled at recess...but anyways, he was needing a feel-good day with friends, and that's exactly what he got!  I was really happy for him.

On Saturday, we had a delicious lunch at AnnaMarie and Tyler's house with all of the family.  It was awesome, AnnaMarie made some very cool carrot crescent rolls!  After lunch, we had an egg hunt in the basement and the kids, of course, really loved that!  It was lots of fun to spend the afternoon together!

We brought the kids home for a late nap so we could keep them up a bit later and dye eggs with Grandpa!  The kids loved it, as usual.  Calvin's favorite way to color the eggs was to make them kind of green and kind of brown and call them dinosaur eggs.  We had a nice time doing that all together.

On Sunday, the kids woke up to their Easter Baskets, which was fun.  I'm not quite sure how to handle Easter.  I want to make sure they know that it's not about candy and egg hunts and baskets, but I also just didn't get things together in time to do the baskets the day before or anything like that.  So I settled on Easter baskets Sunday morning with a nice little talk about our Savior and the true meaning of Easter.  I think they got the picture.  Maybe I'll get my act more together next year...

Anyways, after church we headed back over to AnnaMarie's house for a lovely Easter ham dinner!  I did contribute food to both meals, lest you all think I'm a great big mooch!  Anyways, the food was great and the company was even better.  It was a really nice Easter weekend, and great to relax with family!  Especially considering the busy week we ended up having afterwards, with Hannah surprising us! 

So, here are a bunch of pictures from our Easter celebrations!  Enjoy!

Sophie and the Easter Bunny!


Calvin giving him a high 5:


 Sophie checking out some of her loot:


 Our whole group of friends at the egg hunt:



Kids' lunch at AnnaMarie's:


Kids' food up close:


Lining up for the egg hunt:


 Sophie finding some:


Calvin finding some:


And Ryan, too:


 Fun with play dough on Saturday morning:
 

Calvin insisted that I take a picture of his "planet earth" before I put it away:



Then I started putting Sophie's creations away and she totally freaked out because she didn't get a picture with hers...so here she is, doing her best to smile in the middle of a freak out:


I made these sugar cookie easter baskets to bring along.  They tasted amazing, even if they didn't look it:


Dying Easter eggs!   This is our last picture as a family of 5!






Grandpa reading stories to the kids before bed.  They love their Grandpa!


Getting their Easter baskets on Sunday morning:



 
Sophie was VERY excited about the peeps:



And Calvin loved his pez:


Happy kiddos:


I love finding Sophie and Calvin playing nice games.  Here they are, where I found them playing so nicely together in Sophie's closet!  They were really cute:


All ready for church in their Easter duds from Grandma and their ties from Wynn and Paula Ferrell!


Love this one of Ryan and Sophie:


Cupcakes after lunch!


Naps after cupcakes:


It was a delightful weekend!

No comments: