Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lately

We haven't had much excitement around here for the last few days, which is fine by me!  Especially since I've been feeling kind of crummy.  The kids and I have been sharing some kind of fun virus, and we've all been a little under the weather.  The kids were good to play while I rested for most of the mornings last week and finally would get my act together around noon, so we didn't get out much.  They've actually been really good kids, especially while I wasn't feeling well, so I am definitely grateful for that!

Glad to report, though, that I have been feeling a lot better the last couple of days, so that's made me happy.  Yesterday Michael and the kids came to see my tournament volleyball game and it was fun to have a cheerleading section.  We lost (I really stink at volleyball!), but it was still fun, and afterwards we surprised the kids with a family lunch at Red Lobster.  We drive by one every day on the way to and from Ryan's school and the boys have been begging to go there, so they were thrilled!  It was actually a really nice time, until the very end when Calvin kind of lost it.  But overall I'd call it a success.  It was a nice Saturday, doing things together.

This morning Michael was determined to let me sleep in (he's a good man!).  The only problem is that I hear everything, so it's kind of hard for me to sleep in.  And the kids are pretty determined to find me right away in the morning, especially Calvin.  It was pretty funny this morning when he got up.  Michael and I had switched spots so he was by the door, and I was sleeping with a pillow over my head in hopes of not hearing quite so much.  I heard Calvin come out of his room and come into ours.  He walked to where Michael was (my usual spot) and then around to the side of the bed where I was.  I guess he didn't see me under the pillow, because he walked back and forth a few times, and then left the room to search the rest of the house.  After a few minutes he came back and went back and forth between our spots again a couple of times and then finally ripped the pillow off of my head and was delighted to finally have found me!  Then Michael went and fed the kids breakfast, and I stayed in bed for another hour or so.  It was nice!

Today once we got to church I was holding Sophie and realized she probably had a fever.  She almost fell asleep in my arms, and when I went to sing in the choir I passed her to Michael and she did end up falling asleep in his arms, poor tired little girl!  Michael fell asleep, too :)  And so I didn't send Sophie to her class but I still had to teach the music time for the kids in Primary, so Michael and I traded off sitting with her on our laps in our respective classes.  She was pretty good natured for not feeling well, and I actually really loved all the snuggles.

Here are some random things that have been on my mind lately:

-Every time we have family prayer, it's like an all-out brawl between the kids over who gets to kneel next to me.  It's started to really get annoying!  Maybe it should be endearing....

-I am 28 weeks and 12 more weeks feels like an eternity!  The way my stomach muscles are begging for mercy, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it!  Also, sleeping really is almost impossible.  And my doctor told me I should try cutting out dairy for a week to see if that helps my upset stomach, and it turns out that not eating dairy is really REALLY hard for me.  A bowl of cereal is my top comfort food choice (if we're out of strawberries and yogurt).

-Sophie got a sweet little stuffed dog from Carolin for Christmas.  This week she finally named it.  It's name is Steve.

-Michael showed the kids and me this video and now I CANNOT get the song out of my head.  Ever.

-Christy is going to Chile on her foreign exchange year and she leaves in July!  I am so excited for her!  But I am already really really sad thinking about how much we'll all miss her, so I try not to think about it... The good news is that she is coming to visit this weekend.  Yay!

Well, this was a nice random post!  Here are a few nice random pictures!

We took the kids to an ice castle exhibit a couple of weeks ago.  I took a billion pictures, but my card ate them somehow, and now I just have this one!  They had a ton of fun, and afterwards we laid the seats down in our van and had a picnic dinner on the floor.  It was a fun night!


 I let Calvin and Sophie play with my collection of ceramic dog figurines the other day.  I had so much fun playing with these as a kid.  After about 5 minutes, 4 of them were broken :(  So we'll have to invest in some super glue.  Maybe 2 is a little too young...



I made a dress for Sophie's doll who didn't have any clothes.  I made it out of an old shirt and lace form my mom's wedding bouquet.  I was pretty proud of how it turned out!


Michael thought it would look better, though, if she were riding a dinosaur.  So here you go.


And last, but not least, Calvin at his very first dentist appointment (yes he's almost 5, don't judge.) He was about as pleased as he looks.




2 comments:

Allison said...

I love cold cereal too! Try almond milk, we like it at our house.

AnnaMarie said...

I love Calvin.

The doll looks like she rides t-rexes often.

I'm sorry I haven't been more helpful as you've been feeling crummy!