Tuesday, October 16, 2012

September!

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I spent the majority of August and September laying on the couch with one of these things strapped to my head.  I occasionally even left the house with it strapped on.  Sophie lovingly referred to it as my "blue coldie".  It helped a little with the headaches, but I was pretty much out for the count.  I've never felt that way before while pregnant, so this had better be one really awesome kid.  Anyways, I digress, here is what we were up to in September, when I finally dragged myself off the couch:

On the first weekend of September we went camping with a bunch of friends and had such a great time!  The kids had a ball and slept great in the tent, Michael snuck in some fishing, and I had fun hanging out with friends.  It was a really nice little trip!

Then Ryan and Michael started school, which I already blogged about, but they are both liking school and doing well, so all is well there.  But I haven't blogged about Calvin starting preschool.   He loves it, of course!  And I'm finding that the more school days that go by, the more often he comes home telling me happy fun things from school instead of who hit him, which snack he didn't get, yada yada yada (in case you didn't know, Calvin basically = perpetually grumpy).  So that's a big step for him!  He likes his teachers and loves doing the songs and dances at school.

The third week in September, my parents  Sophie and Calvin home with them for an entire week!  With the way I had been feeling, it was just so amazing to get some sleep and not have to really do anything for a few days.  My parents are the best!  Calvin and Sophie had the time of their lives, and Ryan put on a brave face missing out on the fun.  I did let him have a friend over to play and did some other fun things with him to make up for it.  And on Friday I went to the Mall of America with Kelly and went clothes shopping and out to lunch.  It was so great.  She asked how I was, and I said "I'm just...so...relaxed, it's so weird!"  And it was. So, I know we don't appreciate certain things until we have moved on and things change, but has anyone ever realized how EASY it is to have one kid who can do everything for themselves and no one else to worry about??  I didn't have to lift a finger, my house stayed clean, and I didn't take out the trash or do a load of laundry all week--and not because I was being lazy, because there was no need!  It was crazy.

-Other big news from that week-- we bought a minivan!  We found a good deal on it (I think?  Who even knows!) and so far we're loving it.  It's a 2012 Dodge Caravan.  So yippee!

We've spent fun times with cousins, gone to parks, celebrated lots of cousin birthdays, collected fall leaves for crafts, and had an all around pretty great month.  Here are some pictures of all the fun!

 Pictures from our camping trip!  Calvin loved our friends' dog, Charlie, SO much:



Michael with his wide-mouthed bass!


Calvin checking out just how wide that mouth is: 


Sophie LOVED playing with Jillian and Addie, and one of their favorite things to do was  sit in these chairs together:


 Calvin caught a fish!


Ryan sure tried hard...


And Sophie loved climbing in this tent box!


Not sure what Calvin is doing, but I thought it was a funny picture!


These two were completely exhausted by the ride home




Calvin's first day of preschool!  He set out his clothes like this all by himself.  He was so excited to wear his new t-shirt!


A great big 4 year old!



While Calvin and Sophie were gone, Michael would do cute little things for Ryan.  One morning Ryan and I woke up to breakfast laid out for us.  Isn't Michael creative?



 Here I am getting my two little lovebugs back from Grandma and Grandpa's house.  I really missed them and was so glad to have everyone back together! 



And in other big news, Sophie had her first ponytail!  This is huge.  Well, tiny, but huge!!






2 comments:

Abbey said...

Nice update. :) I hope you start feeling better and I'm very proud of Sophie with that pony tail. Love it!

AnnaMarie said...

She finally made it to ponytail status! And we thought it'd never happen. :) For someone not feeling well, you sure do a lot!