Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School!

Well, the rest of our summer has flown by, and here we are starting school already!  This year we have 3 starting school. No, not Sophie.  Ryan, Calvin and Michael!  Ryan started first grade yesterday, Calvin starts preschool on Monday, and Michael started his grad program in MGIS at the University of Minnesota yesterday!  It's going to me a busy year around here!

Ryan was super duper excited come yesterday morning, and was fully dressed, including shoes, at 6:00 on the dot.  I had to ask him to take his shoes off and then informed him that we weren't leaving for over 2 hours.  He was more than a little disappointed. But he was thrilled when we were finally on the way to school.  I had what I deem to be the most important talk for Ryan's first full day of school--what to do in the lunch room.  Ryan is very resourceful, and I'm sure he actually wouldn't need any help figuring out what to do in the lunch room, so the talk was about making sure he looks around every day when he goes into the lunch room to see if anyone is sitting all by themselves or looks lonely.  His special job is to go and sit with them.  I was very pleased when I picked him up from school today and he told me all about how he had done just that at lunch time. I'm so proud of Ryan.  He is growing up to be such a great kid.  He has loved school so far and I'm excited to see what this year brings for him!

Calvin was disappointed that he didn't actually get to wear his new t-shirt all day since it wasn't actually his first day of school yet and I just had him put it on for pictures.  But he sure is excited to start!  I'm sure he'll have a great time. So far he has been having a lot of fun being the boss of Sophie while Ryan is at school.

Michael started yesterday and said his classes seemed to go well.  I think his biggest adventure so far is figuring out the bus system.  Who knew that city busses would be so crowded when its not rush hour?  So, good luck standing packed in like sardines, Michael!  He is excited to get going with this program and I am very proud of him!  Ryan loves the fact that they are both in school, and loves asking him about how school was and whether or not he has made any new friends there.

So that's that!  We are getting into the swing of our routine, and it's definitely nice!  Fall is my very favorite time of year, so I'm gearing up to soak it all in.  Please go away 90 degree weather so I can finally enjoy being outside again!

Here are some pictures from the first day of school:

The three amigos outside of our house yesterday morning:


It quickly turned into the four amigos.  Sophie did NOT want to be left out.


 What handsome boys!


 These kids sure love their Daddy!


Handsome first grader:


Holding up a #1 outside of his school:


Pointing to his "Bienvenidos apple" outside of his classroom.

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Great pictures! I love that Sophie joined right in. :)

Elizabeth said...

Adorable! We definitely need to come out there during a break so Michael and Erik can commiserate! And you're so sweet to teach Ryan to be friendly. You guys are awesome.