Saturday, September 22, 2012

Family Self-Portraits, 2012 Edition

So, as usual, I have a lot to catch up on.  Calvin's first day of preschool, that time when my parents took Calvin and Sophie to their house for an entire week and I got a TON of sleep and felt super duper fantastic but also missed those little guys, and you know, other stuff that is probably important, but instead I am going to write about taking our own family portraits today!  

You may remember us doing that 2 years ago (or maybe you don't), but my feelings on photographer pricing and me being cheap haven't changed, and so here we are again, taking our own pictures!  But Michael did buy me a super handy remote last year, so it was a TON easier and less time consuming.  I actually only took 52 pictures, which was like a tenth of the number I took in 2010 when I had to set the timer to rapid fire for awhile so I could get a variety of good faces.  Anyways, so without further ado, our self-made family portraits!

I was actually just getting all my settings  right when I took this one, but I really like it!



Love these happy little kids!  (We bribed them with gum...on top of the camera)



Standing there, looking cool?



Jumping!


Sophie looks worried, and Calvin looks unimpressed, but I sill like this one!


I think this one is funny.


This one is my favorite.


I like how all the kids' personalities come through in this one.


Family snuggle!


And there you have it!  I fully intend on doing individuals of the kids, but since my kids last about 3 minutes happy, 5 minutes happy/bored, and no longer than that, it will have to be on a different day!

4 comments:

Emily said...

These are great!! :) I need to buy a remote so we can take our own pictures without running from the camera. :)

Lindsey Hicks said...

These are great and I love the clothes you picked out - so complimentary without being matchy. I wish I could have you take MY family pictures. I still LOVE my wedding photos and can't believe how little we paid you!

AnnaMarie said...

Awesome. Good job on the outfits and pictures. You are amazing. I'm happy to take your family pictures anytime, though I'm a point-and-shoot sort of girl. Your kids are just awesome. Let's hang out lots this week. We miss you guys!

Abbey said...

You have such a sweet family. I wish we got to see all of you more often, but we think about you guys all the time! <3