Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lately

Things have been going alright lately.  We've had lots of good days, except for poor Calvin who has been sick for like 5 days with what I am fairly sure is a mystery virus.  We should find out tomorrow morning since I am taking him in to get checked out. 

He's just had a fever (like 103 to 104 range) for 5 days straight (it goes down with medicine but then comes back up later) and has been clearly not feeling well when he hasn't had ibuprofin or whatever.  After he gets the medicine he perks up and runs around like normal. The usual not feeling well stuff.  But 5 days is feeling excessive.  I was going to take him this morning since our clinic has walk in hours on the weekends, but he woke up with no fever and I didn't give him any medicine and he did great.  Until about 4, when he and Sophie both started to get fevers and have melt downs right in the middle of dinner at our good friends' house.  So, home we went to tuck them into bed.  Guess we'll be heading to walk in hours tomorrow.

Poor little Calvin, he is already kind of (ok, more than kind of) a mopey guy, so I honestly can't tell when he is genuinely not feeling well, because the way he acts when he is sick also happens to be pretty much the same way he acts when he is over tired or upset about something.  So he has had a pretty rough week.  But he has had a lot of happy times while medicated, which has been nice.  We've spend time playing with cousins, we had Grandpa and Christy and Benjamin and Carolin come stay for the weekend so we got to play and go swimming with them, we've had outings with friends, etc.  It's been a nice week in between doses of pain reliever :)  And actually even while little Calvin hasn't been feeling great, at least he has wanted extra mommy snuggles, which has been sweet.

In other news this week I lost my phone (sad), got a new one (happy), got a new calling at my church (Primary chorister??  Major score!--translation, I get to lead the music for the little kids and its like the best job in the church. Not even kidding.), made a new friend, made meatloaf for the first time since 11th grade, did a newborn photo shoot with a really darling little baby, and organized my kids closets (thanks, AnnaMarie!).  So its been a pretty good week.  AND starting Saturday we get to spend some time hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Walton, so the kids are certainly thrilled about that. 

So, here are some pictures from our recent adventures.  Enjoy!


Here is Ryan, leaving a note for Calvin on their bedroom mirror.  He is such a sweet big brother.


Here is Sophie, tucking in some of her friends for their naps.   It is so fun watching her think of cute new little games to play, even if its all by herself.


The boys keep all of their legos in this chest.  This time they all decided to climb right in.


Michael always comes up with the best things to do with the kids.  Did you see that stop motion movie he made with Ryan? Seriously, he is the best dad.  His two jobs and church duties keep him really busy, but he really knows how to make the most of his free time :)  Thanks for being such an amazing dad, Michael!  On this occasion, he helped the boys take apart this keyboard tat the kids had broken, just so they could see how it worked.  The kids had so much fun. 


Then he set up little circuits with motors and taught the boys how to touch the wires to the batteries to make them go.   They loved it SO much.


 
Guess what?  Calvin is officially potty trained!  He got to go to the toy store, pick out a toy, and then go pick out a treat.  He picked this gigantic sucker for a treat and decided he wanted to share with Ryan (by the way, Calvin is such a sweetie pie when it comes to sharing.  He always shares his treats.  He offered to share the sucker with me, too, but I politely declined.)


This one is actually from the day after Christmas.  Benjamin watched Sophie for me while I napped one day, and when I woke up, I found her like this!  I think Benjamin has a bright future ahead of him as a stylist.  Also, I think this picture is soooo funny.


A couple of weeks ago we went down to Eagan to visit. The weather was nice and warm (like maybe 45 or 50) and all the kids wanted to do was play outside in the muddy puddles, splashing around.  They were SO wet when they were done, but they were all smiles.


Sophie really liked tasting the puddles.  Gross.


I love this picture.  Sophie is so lucky to have her little cousins.  She loves them all, but especially Jane and Lily, who are both 6months older than she is.  She gets SO excited when she sees them.  They can cheer her up like nothing else can.  I love this one of Sophie and Lily.  So sweet.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hope Calvin feels better soon! Glad to hear he's potty trained though. :) I'm also glad you like Primary chorister. It was not my favorite. (my favorite being primary pianist!). Good job with the closets! I totally want to see your newborn pictures. Also, I enjoyed the pictures in this post.

AnnaMarie said...

Aww, great pictures. I love those kids! Let me know what they say about Calvin, poor little mopey.