Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weirdest dream...

We had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend up in Ironwood.  More on that later.  I'm usually a vivid dreamer, but last night I had one that takes the cake.  Here's how it went:

I was sitting by a lake and saw a small shark swimming around.  I grabbed it right out of the water with my bare hands.  Why, you ask?  Because it had the face of a baby.  Like a real live baby.

So, I took sharkbaby home.  When I got there, I was unsure of what to do with sharkbaby.  I filled up the bath tub and put it in.  But I immediately felt guilty. It had the face of a real baby, and you wouldn't stick a baby in the tub and leave it there, right?  So I took sharkbaby out.  I thought about putting it in Sophie's crib, but that seemed pretty gross.  So I set it on the changing table for a minute while I pondered what to do.

That's when I saw a zipper down its tummy.  I unzipped it and the shark part came off and it was a whole real baby, with legs and everything.  So, I diapered him and named him Samuel.  And then I wondered what to do with Samuel the sharkbaby.

I remembered I had some friends who really wanted to adopt, so I called them up.  I explained the whole story, and then said, "But he's a real baby!  I mean, he's got legs and everything!  He'll probably need to go to the doctor for a checkup or something, but he seems fine!"

They said they needed to go run an errand but that they would come over soon to meet him.  Somehow while I was waiting for them to come, a letter showed up from them.  So I opened it up and briefly looked it over.  The front of the letter started out saying how grateful they were for this opportunity, but there was a lot of writing so I flipped it over to the back and it was a BYU basketball season schedule and a little chart about all of the different players and why they liked them.  I thought that was weird, so I flipped it back over to the front to read the rest of the letter, but just then Calvin woke up crying in the middle of the night, so I woke up, too.

I remember thinking as I woke up, "I hope this kid goes back to sleep soon so I can read that letter!"  No such luck, though.

 Interpretations, anyone?

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Um, you're crazy.

HoltFamily said...

Well, I'm just honored that you decided to name Shark Baby "Samuel!"

Abbey said...

Well, according to dream dictionary:

Shark
To see a shark in your dream indicates feelings of anger, hostility, and fierceness. You are undergoing a long and difficult emotional period and may be an emotional threat to yourself or to others. Perhaps, you are struggling with your individuality and independence, especially in some aspect of your relationship.

Lake
To see a lake in your dream signifies your emotional state of mind. You feel restricted and that you can't express your emotions freely. If the lake is disturbed, then you may be going through some emotional turmoil.

Baby
To see a baby in your dream signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted. If you find a baby in your dream, then it suggests that you have acknowledged your hidden potential
If you dream that a baby is neglected, then it suggests that you are not paying enough attention to yourself. You are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, this dream could represent your fears about your own children and your ability to protect and to provide for them.
To dream that you are dipping a baby in and out of water signifies regression. You are regressing to a time where you had no worries and responsibilities.
Letter Alternatively, the letter represents a message from your unconscious. The contents of the letter may offer you some guidance in a current situation.

Adopted
To dream that you or others are adopting a child indicates that you are taking on something new and different. Ask yourself what is missing in your life that would make you happy.

So apparently you are going through emotional turmoil, are an emotional threat to those around you, are neglecting yourself, and are wishing you had no worries. You should take something new on in your life, and it really stinks that you didn't get to read the letter because it was a letter from your self conscious.

haha. If you need any emotional support, I'm here for you!!!

Ben and Anna said...

haha!! I vote that you are pregnant. That must be it. And whether it is true or not, I am going to pretend that you gave the baby to me, and that means that I am going to get a baby soon. :)