Friday, November 4, 2011

I love fall.

Fall is far and away my favorite season.  I love the temperatures in the 50's.  Not too cold but just right for a sweater.  I love the leaves changing colors, the way they sound when they crunch under my feet, and the way they swirl around with the wind.  I love watching Ryan try to catch them as they fall from the tree.  He has yet to be successful, but he sure makes me laugh!  I love apple cider and hot cocoa and carmeled apples.  I was meant to have a fall birthday.  It's like a big birthday present for a couple of months straight.

Lately I've been toying with the idea of trying to start up my photography business again in earnest.  But I've felt like I wanted to become a better photographer before I do that.  So I have been using my lovely munchkins as my subjects while I practice some techniques.  Mostly things like trying to capture the true color of their eyes and making sure I have the lighting right.  No wonder I usually shoot in automatic--you can find the perfect spot but those wiggly little kids just can't stay there if their lives depended on it!  Anyways, here are some of my favorites from the last couple of days!


















And this one is just for fun, because I like the funny face she is making.  Not so great photographically, and disregard the goobers.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love fall too!! These are really fun pictures! Let me know if you find a good resource or good tips about lighting. I spent a few hours googling it the other day and trying to figure out my camera. :)

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, great photos, Caroline! I love it.