Friday, October 28, 2011

STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, in the spirit of catching up on posts I was supposed to do this summer, guess what I did in June?

BOUGHT 208 POUNDS OF STRAWBERRIES AND TURNED THEM ALL INTO JAM!

This might be surprising to those of you who don't know me well.  to others, maybe not quite at shocking.  well, the jam part might still be shocking, but not the buying 208 pounds of strawberries part.

It all started when I went to a discount grocery store only to find strawberries on sale for 32 cents per pound.  What??  So I bought a flat.  Then Michael said i should probably go get a whole car-full.  Not needing any more persuasion, I hopped back in the car and bought 12 flats.  When I got back home, Michael suggested I go get another car-full.  So I did!  Then we spent about 4 days straight turning it all into jam.  Well, except for about 15 gallon sized freezer bags which we froze.  (Those are now all gone, by the way.  I miss opening my freezer and seeing all those strawberries waiting for me...)

And yes, even after all of that, strawberries are still my very favorite food ever.  Pretty much the best summer ever.


Here are some pretty great pictures.

Look at all those strawberries!  


This picture pretty much sums up my feelings about strawberries in general:


And Sophie feels pretty much the same way:




Now that's a happy girl!  Like mother, like daughter!


 Hard at work on the finished product.  It was a messy endeavor, but well worth it!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Awe.Some. You rock.

Ben and Anna said...

I love this. every bit of it. and, by the way, holy cow! how in the world did you find that cheap of strawberries!!! I would have done the same thing.