Saturday, October 22, 2011

Scurvy Dogs

A certain pirate lass turned four last week and we all had such a great time at her pirate party!  I was a little dissappointed in my kids, though, because all the way to the party we worked on memorizing some great pirate terminology but not once did I hear them call anyone a scurvy dog or a rapscallion.  But the party managed to be great anyways--AnnaMarie really outdid herself, it was amazing!  She even turned their swingset into a pirate ship.  Very cool.  I wasn't going to dress my kids up, but the boys have been pretty into pirates lately, so my fun side got the best of me and I was up 'til all hours of the night before the party sewing some pirate outfits.  by the way, guess what my kids are going to be for Halloween??

Anyways, the party was so much fun, and it was fun to see Katie so excited about it all.  We sure love her and are so glad we get to be so close to watch her grow.  So happy birthday, Katie!  We love you!

Here are some pictures from the big event!

Pirate Sophie had a little bit of a tough time figuring out that eye patch:

   
The whole pirate crew:


I just loved watching Sophie try to make sense of it all.  


Katie with her awesome pirate ship cake and proud mom and dad:


That was about the extent of what I got on my camera, so these others are borrowed from AnnaMarie's blog. 

Of course Pirate Calvin was unhappy when he lost one of the games.  However he felt much better when he learned that he had to walk the plank for losing. 


Tyler got this great shot of Ryan with his teeny tiny spyglass.  Classic.


RyanandKatie walking the plank:


Sophie and Jane trading gold doubloons:


Good old Ryan.  Pretty fearsome.



And here's an added bonus!  Apparrantly I will never find extra time to catch up on my summer blog posts so I am going to try to stick one on the end of each new post.  Exciting, right? 

This summer Ryan got to check something off his bucket list--riding the commuter rail across the street form our house to a Twins game with Grandma and Grandpa!  He was so thrilled.  He got to go with Grandma and Grandpa and Luke, and he loved every second of it.  Ryan was especially excited that he got to watch one of the players break a bat while hitting the ball.  He talked about that one for weeks.  He sure had a great time, so thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!  You guys are the best!

Here are some pictures of everybody after getting home from the game.  The boys were thrilled with their new Twins hats and shirts.


That's one happy boy!

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Aw, love it. I didn't have that picture of all of us, so thanks!