Sunday, October 23, 2011

Idaho in July!

Back in July I got to take Sophie back to my old stomping ground in Boise, Idaho for a brief but wonderful trip with Grandma and Grandpa.  We had such a wonderful time!  Since my parents haven't lived in Boise for like 7 years or so, I don't get back often to visit, but it was so very nice!  I somehow forgot how much I love Boise, but I really do!  I have some really wonderful memories there!

My main purpose in going was to celebrate my cousin being sealed to his beautiful wife and adorable new son.  It was so fun to celebrate with you, Kirk and Amy!  Little Jack is beyond adorable.  We love you guys!

It was so much fun to catch up with family and old friends.  I so wish there was a way to live close to everyone I love and miss.  It seems like they are all over the place!  I guess the upside is that pretty much no matter where our future jobs, etc., lead us, there is most likely someone amazing that we love there.  At any rate, I had a really nice time with everyone!

I especially had fun spending time with my parents.  I have the best parents ever.  Period.  And can I just say how much fun it is to just have one kid around for Grandma and grandpa to dote on?  Don't get me wrong, I love all my children and nieces and nephews, but it is so great to have one on one time with Grandma and Grandpa.  Sophie had the time of her life.

So here are some pictures from the trip, mostly just of Sophie at the park where we had a little party for Kirk and Amy.  Sophie was in heaven, as evidenced by these pictures!

Sophie showing Grandpa where his eyes were, in case he didn't know:


Having way too much fun with Grandpa:


If Sophie could do one thing forever, I am positive it would be playing in these fountains:


Hahahaha!I love this one of her getting quirted in the face.  She didn't mind a bit, in fact she thought it was hilarious.




I like this one with her trail of soggy little footprints.  She was SO wet, but very happy.


Playing with Grandma:



Getting a quick drink. Yes, I am aware this is probably gross, since the water is probably re-circulated, but this girl would not be stopped.


Getting in some quality Grandma time:




This was my view for most of the party.  Hanging out with everyone at the pavillion while watching Sophie playing from a distance.  She was so enthralled, she never wandered off once.  Just stayed at those fountains all afternoon.  How much do you think it would be to have them installed in my backyard?  Even if I were only able to use them 3 months out of the year, it might still be worth it.


Kirk, Amy, Porter, Finn, Brandon, Livy and Baby Jack at the Boise Temple:


Kirk and Amy together at the temple. Congrats again guys!

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Love the pictures of Sophie & the fountain! And yes, one-on-one time with Grandpa & Grandma is the best!

Caity said...

That looks like the park next to my old house! Or so I think :) I miss Boise sometimes. I bet it's changed quite a bit, huh?

Caity said...

Oh, and your parents really are so awesome.

Kelly said...

Not as gross as the toilet water she and Lily were drinking the other day. So I wouldn't feel too bad!