Friday, January 7, 2011

Nine Months Old!

Our sweet little Sophie turned 9 months old yesterday. My oh my how time flies. Here are a few little tidbits about Sophie at 9 months old

-Her new tricks include pulling herself up to standing and occasionally just standing (very briefly) not holding onto anything, and she is getting to be a pretty speedy crawler.

-Sophie completely loses it anytime anyone leaves the room. I mean anyone. Even people she barely knows. She breaks down in hysterics, poor girl.

-Sophie does a really cute and pretty funny little happy dance when she's pleased. It's my favorite thing right now.

-Sophie's favorite person, hands down, is her Daddy. She would rather be sitting next to him whacking his computer while he tries to work than anywhere else in the world.

-Despite her diminutive stature, she can still pack it in at meal time. Favorites right now are chicken and steak. Which is a mystery to me since she doesn't have any teeth.

-She is in the process of cutting her first tooth, which makes for a rather sad, drooly little girl.

-When Sophie doesn't get her way, you will definitely hear about it. Loudly. For a long time. I shudder to think what this will turn into when she can actually talk! But for now, I mostly think it's funny.

-One of her favorite things to do is look at herself in the mirror. Pretty much without fail this will solve any problem in her little life.

-Sophie met her first cat last night. She was freaking out with happiness.

We sure love our little girl!


Here are some pictures of her yesterday, just monkeying around:

Loving that golf ball:


Really excited about dropping it!


 Showing off her standing up skills:








Ahhh, sweet success!



And finally, here is a video of little Sophie doing her thing.  Warning, it is over 3 minutes long.  But she does dance and do a lot of jabbering and even more drooling.  And for like the last minute I didn't even know I was recording it anymore.  So basically what I'm saying is, it's a dumb video that you shouldn't bother watching.  But I like it!

3 comments:

Derek, Rachel and Cadence said...

Cadence's favorite person is her daddy too! Unless something bad happens. Then it's all me. It must be a girl thing!

AnnaMarie said...

Aww, Sophie. Jane & I watched the whole video...Jane LOVED seeing Sophie and kept pointing and jabbering at Sophie. We miss you guys! What a sweetie she is!

Elizabeth said...

Well, Elliot watched the whole video! He loves him some Sophie!