Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So behind!

Wow, I am so behind in the blogging world!  We've had lots going on this last few weeks!  Guess I'll just give some highlights!

-We hosted our first Thanksgiving Dinner
-We celebrated our 7th anniversary
-Michael built some seriously AWESOME shelves for our storage room!  We can fit so much in!  I'm in love (with both Michael and the storage room shelves)
-Saved $300 by renting a 75 foot electric drain snake and removing the massive drain clog in our basement ourselves instead of hiring a plumber (ok, I say we, but I was mostly in charge of turning on and off the water at the bequest of my multi-talented husband while using my other hand to plug my nose.  How Michael knows how to do all this stuff is just beyond me...)
-Sophie turned 8 months old!
-We are in the throws of decorating our house for Christmas!



It has been a busy but very fun few weeks.  Thanksgiving was so much fun!  We had Dad and Christy and Vitoria down from Ironwood and we had AnnaMarie and Tyler and Katie and Jane, too.  We played games and hung out and went shopping and did Vitoria's senor portraits.  Very fun weekend!

We also had a great time going out for our anniversary, so thanks to AnnaMarie for watching the kids!  We had a delicious meal sans kids and spent the next 4 or so hours picking out a new rug for our living room and buying wood for our storage room shelves.  It was actually really fun! 

I can't believe my little girl is 8 months old already!  Time flies.  She is a gem.  She is usually so well-behaved that I feel like the luckiest mommy alive.  She's sleeping from about 6:30pm until about 5 or 6am these days with maybe one wake up around 9 pm or so and then usually goes back to sleep for a couple of hours in the morning after she polishes off some milk.  She naps twice for about 2 hours each and she's still my little eataholic.  She loves bananas and PBJs and slim jims.  Go figure!  She is just starting to crawl forwards although she has been a pro at backwards crawling for a while now.  Love my girl!


Anyways, that's what's been going on around here!  Here are some pictures for you!

Here are the only pictures I got at Thanksgiving.  We did some hastily-thrown-together place holders :)



One delicious brined turkey (thanks for the recipe, Liz!):


And the crowning gem on the table, a bread cornucopia!  Mmmmm....


And here are the kids joining in the fun on the Wii.  When Calvin and Ryan do cow racing, Calvin almost always wins.  Pretty funny.


And our breath-takingly beautiful storage room shelves:



 And our even more breath-takingly beautiful little Sophie in her Christmas dress that her Aunt Danica made for her!



4 comments:

Ben and Anna said...

beautiful, beautiful (on all accounts) beautiful!! As for good behavior, I've heard that after 2 boys, a girl just seems like a dream (here's to keeping my fingers crossed)!

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad your turkey turned out so well!
I had to make one this past weekend, because it just wasn't the same. I need to share the recipe with our families, I think.

And I am way jealous of your storage shelves!

AnnaMarie said...

I love that one of them playing Wii. Sophie looks so into it. :) And that Christmas dress is adorable!

ThePalmers said...

That bread cornucopia is amazing... how DID you do that??!!??!! Fantastic!