Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Superb Birthday

Well, if today is any indication, 27 is going to be a mighty fine year.  Today was such a great day.  Michael surprised me by taking the day off, so instead of having to rush out the door for work, he made me a delicious pancake breakfast (with berries and whipped cream, of course) and we had a nice relaxing morning at home.  It was so nice!  Then AnnaMarie hosted a little birthday brunch for me over at her house with my sister, Kelly, and her kids.  It was so much fun!  Thanks, you guys!  Great food, great company, and a LOT of CRAZY kids.  Then I headed back home, and surprise!  Michael had made the birthday cake and cleaned up the house and Kelly and the kids came over for cake and ice cream!  It was my favorite cake, angel food cake with whipped cream and berries (am I boring?  I pretty much could just eat strawberries and whipped cream forever). 

We opened gifts, let the kids play outside, and then after I dropped Ryan off at preschool the rest of us all took naps.  Perfect addition to my already amazing birthday!  Then I spent the afternoon playing the new games I got with the kids.  They had so much fun, and so did I.  And my parents sent a fruit basket which included a gourmet caramel apple.  I am either very predictable or the people in my life just know me really really well, because everything I got today was just what I wanted.  It was perfect and fun and relaxing.  So thanks everyone for the messages, phone calls, and company.  It was really a fantastic day.  27 feels great!

About to blow out my candles:


Celebrating with the family:

Opening some presents:

 A girl after my own heart:


1 comment:

Caity said...

I'm so glad it was so great! You sure have a lot of people in your life that love you!