Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Circus!

On Friday, Michael took us for a surprise outing and guess what we did??  We went to the Shrine Circus!  I didn't even know it was in town!  It was a GREAT surprise.  I don't recall ever having been to a real circus, so it was really fun to go and see.  The kids loved it.  I mean absolutely loved it.  Well, Sophie slept through most of it like a good girl, but the boys loved it.  They had tigers jumping through fiery hoops, motorcycles driving on wires, dogs going through a doggie tube slide, clowns, a little dog dressed up like a baby elephant (I think this was Calvin's favorite, although he still doesn't believe it was really a dog), elephants doing all kinds of tricks and much more.  The kids picked cotton candy and popcorn for their treats and we even forked out the money for them to ride on an elephant, which they loved!  It was so much fun.  I think my favorite part was the elephants doing tricks.  No, I take it back.  My favorite part was the boys riding on the elephant.  They were just so excited.  Afterwards I asked Calvin if he liked it, and he said "YEAH!  AND MOM, THE ELEPHANT WAS RUNNING!" Which, of course, it wasn't. 


Thanks, Michael for such a great surprise!  I didn't take too many pictures (with a sleeping Sophie and two crazy kids, we didn't usually have a free hand), but here are some of the ones I did get:


Calvin, watching very intently for the circus to start:


The boys on an elephant!


Very happy after their elephant ride:
Hanging out with some clowns:

1 comment:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

That. Is. Awesome. I love that Calvin didn't believe it wasn't a real elephant. He rocks. Good job being fun parents! I wish we could have come with you.