Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sophie's Blessing

Our sweet little Sophie was blessed in church on Sunday, and it was such a special day. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's something sort of similar to getting christened in other churches. We were very blessed to be able to share the day with Grandpa Moore and Christy and Benjamin who drove down for it, with my parents who came out from Utah for it, and with Kelly and Ken and AnnaMarie and Tyler and their families. Thanks for coming, everyone! We loved having you all there! Little Sophie certainly has a lot of people that love her.

We all got together at Kelly and Ken's house on Saturday for a fun dinner (thanks, guys!) and everyone came over to our house for brunch before church on Sunday. The blessing was lovely, and it somehow seemed to make me love my sweet little girl even more. She is such a perfect, beautiful daughter, and I can't wait to see what she will grow up to be like.

I have a lot to write about what Sophie has been up to lately, so I'll have to do another post about her soon. But for now, here are some pictures from her blessing day!

The whole group:


Sophie with all of her cousins!


Daddy and daughter:


Proud parents:


Me and my girl:


Sophie with her Daddy, Grandpas and Uncles who helped bless her:



Sophie and Uncle Benjamin:


Sophie and Grandpa Moore:


Sophie with Grandma and Grandpa Walton:


Sophie with Mommy and Christy:


Our family of 5:


A couple of full-dress shots. I made this dress from my mother's wedding dress, and I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out. All of the trim, all of the fabric, even the dress lining inside is from my mother's dress. I thought Sophie looked absolutely lovely in it!



Just look at those blue eyes!


Happy girl!


I love her sweet expression in this one:


Anyways, thank you again for coming, everybody. Congratulations, Sophie! We love you so much!

6 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

This post made me cry! Look at that lucky little lady. She is so loved. She did look fabulous in that dress, too.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! She is such a cutie and she's growing so fast!!!
You did an awesome job on the dress Caroline, and I love the boys' matching ties/outfits.

ThePalmers said...

YOU MADE THAT DRESS!?!?!?!?!?! I am speechless!

Michael said...

Caroline is always doing stuff like that. She's like a professional mom, or something.

Sarah said...

Your daughter is so cute and YOU look so beautiful! Great job on the dress as well.

Janelle Dobson said...

I love that little dress! I can't believe you made it! Okay- you have now given me inspiration with what to do with my own- it will be worth keeping because one day my little granddaughter will wear it as a blessing dress. Love it!