Friday, June 18, 2010

Ode to Sophie


Michael took this picture for me, and I love it so much. I've wanted to capture a picture of her with me reflected in her eyes for a long time, because I want so badly to remember that sweet, adoring way that Sophie just looks up at me when we're talking and smiling at each other. She is such a sweet baby. She loves Loves LOVES to snuggle, and she always has. She is a champion napper in the mornings, but during the afternoon or evening she will always fall asleep in my arms while I'm feeding her, and when I try to put her down she is awake again within seconds. When I pick her back up again, she is out cold. This process repeats until she is just completely wiped out, usually by like 10 or 11 at night, at which point she'll sleep for about a 6 hour chunk and then wake up to eat. Then she'll sleep for another few hours until the rest of us are up and around. Here are a few things about Sophie:
-She adores to be held
-Her favorite thing is food
-She eats pretty much ALL THE TIME
-She's really good at stretching
-She has seen the light and is now a fan of diaper changes
-She likes binkies a lot more than her brothers ever did (THANK YOU!)
-She is still comparatively pretty little, in the 40th percentile for weight and the 20th for height
-She loves to be outside
-I think I heard her very first giggle on Wednesday
-She loves to talk with Michael and me and tell us all about her day, as long as she has been recently fed

Little babies are so much fun to have around, especially when there are older, much crazier kids running rampant. It seems like Sophie, with her sweetness and innocence, serves as a reminder to me that the boys are also sweet and innocent, I just have to look down past all the rambunctiousness. I love to snuggle my little sweetheart, and I especially love to talk with her and earn her smiles. Here are some recent pictures of my little munchkin:

Love this face. She's a winner.


Smiley Sophie:


A smooch for cousin Jane:


Me and my girl:


A couple more with my reflection in Sophie's eyes:



One of Sophie's really great stretches:

Thanks for being such a sweetheart, Sophie. We all love you so much!

3 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Love the stretching! I know...there are those moments that you wish you could capture somehow...leave it to Michael to actually do it! :) What a sweet baby girl.

Derek, Rachel and Cadence said...

Stop it Caroline!! You're making me baby hungry and my baby's not even grown up yet!! :)

Elizabeth said...

She is too dang cute.
I can't wait for her and Elliot's wedding!