Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm In Love

I'm in love. With these guys.



I'm in love with how Calvin was so happy and content to snuggle between me and Michael this morning and get hugs and kisses over and over and over again, and how every time he sees Sophie he exclaims, "Hey! It's baby Dopey!" and runs over to pat her on the head. I'm in love with how Ryan is currently playing in the backyard and saying things like, "Mom, I'm just going to leave this door open a little because I think Sophie will really like the warm air coming in!" and "Mom! When I ring my tricycle bell, the birds sing because they love it!" His tricycle wheels are flat so he can't really drive it (we need to buy a pump), but he's completely happy just sitting on it making race car sounds and steering the handlebars back and forth. And I'm in love with how when I am getting ready to feed Sophie and she realizes it, she looks up at me with this wide-eyed, wrinkly-foreheaded, slack-jawed newborn equivalent of an "I just won the lottery!" face. And I'm in love with how she loves to be cuddled, and even when she's on the verge of waking up from a four hour nap, if I pick her up and snuggle her then she's perfectly content to sleep for another hour or so.

I love my sweet little munchkins. Even when Sophie woke up every 2 hours last night, and even when Ryan was on the verge of tears all morning and Calvin was throwing tantrums left and right, I still really wouldn't trade a moment of being their mom. They really do make me so happy.

4 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Aww, so sweet. I know how you feel. Even on the bad days I love my kids and am glad they're mine. I love R,C,&S too.

Abbey said...

aww, you're a good mom Caroline! And Sophie actually looks like a baby doll in that picture.

Michael said...

Abbey, that IS a baby doll. Sophie was sleeping so we used the doll instead.

Tammy said...

So aptly put ...motherhood - full of amazing moments, if only we pause to enjoy them !