Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dear fall, I miss you!

It's that time of year when we are pretty much stuck inside the house all day. Which isn't so bad, because I actually have been doing a whole lot of Christmas-present-making that has been taking pretty much all day (consequently, my children have been watching a lot of movies), but I am really really missing fall, when I could let them run free in the back yard or take a walk down to the park.

Not that the snow isn't fun. It is. It has just been in the 0 to 10 degree range lately, which makes Ryan not last long, Calvin last even shorter, and me not want to go out at all. But it is pretty, and I do really love Christmastime, so that makes up for the cold weather. I guess i just need to come to terms with the fact that we live in Minnesota...

Anyways, contrary to what I previously thought, I wasn't all craft-ed out. But, I can't post any of what I've done lately until after Christmas. Hence the lack of blogging.

The boys have been great playmates lately, and it is really fun to watch them have fun with each other. We even got brave and had some friends and their 2 kids over for a movie night on Saturday and attempted to get all the kids to sleep so we could watch a movie. 2 out of 4 went to sleep, and Ryan and his friend Adam, who is 5, stayed awake on the boys' new (and free!) bunkbeds until after 11 PM. Church was pretty funny the next day. Anwyays, we had a really good time. Speaking of good times, Michael's Dad sent us to this really fun dinner theater to celebrate our anniversary last week (the anniversary itself was Nov. 28, but the dinner theater was last week). It was a re-telling of A Christmas Carol and the food was sooooo good. We really had a lot of fun, and it was so nice to just go out on a little date together, so thanks Dad, and thanks AnnaMarie and Tyler for watching the boys!

So, in honor of missing fall, here are some pictures of the boys at the park in October. Miss you, 55 degree weather!








And a couple of Calvin building towers in the kitchen...


No comments: