Friday, December 4, 2009

CRAFTY!

So, I have been busy lately with a couple of projects, and I thought I'd share. First of all, since we're having a GIRL, I decided to go whole hog and make some hair clips. And you know if you have hair clips then you need a place to put them. So, voila!



Now I just need a room to decorate for the baby...but that will have to wait. Anyways, then I got even crazier and decided to do some applique and embroidery on a onesie. So, even though it gives away our name (I know you all really honestly thought we were going to go with Lightening McQueen, but...) here it is:



I'm very proud of it!

THEN we decorated for Christmas and the stockings we had been using just didn't fit the bill, so I decided as long as I was feeling crafty, why not! So here are our stockings, hung by the...sign?...with care (thanks for that sign, by the way, Kelly!):


Anyways, that's probably about the extent of my crafty-ness for the next little while, but it was fun!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so impressed. Cute name, cute onesie, cute bows, awesome stockings. I'm totally stealing the flower hair clip thingy. And I love the name. I had a good friend named Sophie in high school so it has good vibes for me.

Angela said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one jumping the gun on making all the fun girl things! But seriously...after only having boys, it's totally acceptable to have girl accessories 6 months in advance right? :) Too bad we don't live closer, we could totally do a bow/flower/accessories making night! :)

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

I like how the names turned out on those stockings. Way to go!

Janelle Dobson said...

How'd you make the hairclips? And the stockings? So cute! gosh I should do that! and your onsie is adorable- I can't wait to see the pictures of spit up all over it in a few months!

Elizabeth said...

Loving the name!!! You're so cute and crafty! I want to be crafty, but I don't want to get too involved right before moving, you know?

Kelly said...

Love them - they turned out so cute!