Friday, October 9, 2009

Staining the table

Welcome to blog post number 200! We also posted Ryan tweet number 100 today (and our niece Katie was just a few hours behind us for her 100th tweet too).

Anyways, I'm sure you probably all wondering when I'm going to finish this table I've been working on for a while. Tonight we got one step closer. It's all built and has been stained. Caroline was a champ and helped me sand, pre-treat and stain it tonight -- although I had to stay up by myself to wipe off the excess stain after waiting 30 minutes. Tomorrow afternoon it should be dry enough to put a coat of poly on it. Hopefully the weather will be warm enough for the stuff to dry!

Here are the pics:

You can see there's a middle shelf on the middle compartment, and the back was put on.

Side view.

This is the first real thing I have made, so it's pretty exciting to see it finally come together. All the little errors I made on the way don't even look so noticeable if with the stain on!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

You are the most amazing, magical person ever in the whole world.

Tyler said...

That table looks awesome. I have to say I am very impressed. Don't hold your breath for warmer weather. Snow in October? Darn that $2.50!!!