Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ryan gets a joke

Ryan got his first joke last week. It was funny to watch his confusion then excitement as he figured out what was going on. He has probably known this joke for a year already, and liked saying the joke with me, but never caught on, till now.


Me: I one a snake
Ryan: I two a snake
Me: I three a snake
Ryan: I four a snake
Me: I five a snake
Ryan: I six a snake
Me: I seven a snake
Ryan: I eight a snake
Me: YOU ATE A SNAKE!!! EWWW!!!
Ryan: NO! I said "I EIGHT A SNAKE", like six-seven-eight
Caroline: Wait. So you ate a snake?
Ryan: <confusion><funny face><giggles>

Then we had to run through it a few more times just for fun.

Today he tried to get me caught in the joke, but every time he would start with 1, I would have Caroline say one of the steps, which put him back on even numbers, so he kept eating snakes. He'd start on one, then that wouldn't work, so he'd tell me to start with one, and that wouldn't work either... It made for a happy ride home from Church.

4 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

That is so cute.

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

That is so cute.

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

I said it twice because it's really cute. And now you're disappointed because you thought you had 3 comments, and it's really only me. :) Haha!

Abbeyfan said...

That is a funny one. I haven't heard that one before.