Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rainy Fall Day

Today has been a chilly, rainy, fun fall day. But before I get any further, you all outdid yourselves with the comments, even though I don't deserve it considering the frequency of both my posts and my comments on all of your blogs, so thank you! It's nice to know you're all out there! Anyways, back to the rainy fall day. I had Michael take the car to work today since clearly he couldn't ride his scooter in this downpour and I didn't get up in time with the boys to be ready to drive him. But, turns out it was the perfect day to stay inside anyways!

So, we have absolutely no Halloween decorations at our house, so I decided that today would be a good day to make some. It was lots of fun to do with the boys, and they just loved them! They definitely look home-made, but I love them just the same. We had a lot of fun doing it! After nap time we went out in the yard for a little game of "Red light, green light" in the rain. The boys had a lot of fun, and were happy to come back inside since it was so chilly and wet.

In other news, I got another new niece last week! Lily Susan was born last Thursday morning, and she is just beautiful! I haven't taken any pictures of her with my own camera yet, so go take a look at Kelly's blog if you just can't wait for me to get on the ball. We love our sweet new niece! She's such a sweet, snuggly girl!

Anyways, here are some pictures of our festivities from today!

Our left-over-fabric ghosts and egg-carton bats:





Calvin watching cars drive by from the front door:


Red light, green light:


Just walking along in the rain:



Happy Ryan:


My favorite picture from the day. I love their smiles and the leaves and eveything:


It was a good day!

2 comments:

Ben and Anna Bigelow said...

cute decorations!! We made some, too...but ours are ugly enough that I just hung them from the ceiling fan in the boys' room. And, I am so proud that your husband drives a scooter like mine. It makes me feel like not such a nerd!

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Wow, we really missed out not coming to your house today. Especially because I forgot the things I needed to match at the scrapbook store. Tyler would have had much more fun at your house. :0 Oh well, we had a family nap, and a not-so-delicious dinner. Maybe another day.