Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally Fall!

So finally for the last few days it has actually felt like fall around here. It's not raining or snowing, and it's warm enough so that I don't feel the need to bundle up in my winter coat and gloves every time I go out! Hooray! Fall is my very favorite season (I'm sure that has nothing to do with my birthday, anniversary, Michael's birthday, Halloween and Thanksgiving all being in one season...) and so I've honestly felt cheated this year since it hasn't really felt like fall at all. But better late than never, and we have been enjoying it!

This weekend was Katie's second birthday and so Michael's whole family came down to celebrate. It was so fun to have everyone here (I can say that, because I didn't host the throng of teenagers at night and not to mention EVERYONE all day every day at my house like AnnaMarie did...THANK YOU ANNAMARIE!!!!!!!) and to play and watch the boys have fun with all of you. Happy Birthday, Katie! We love you! Thanks for coming down, everyone! And, by the way, if any of you out there know where to find khakis in mens' size 29W 34L, please let me know so Benjamin can finally find some pants to buy (we scoured the maplewood mall to no avail. I'm almost positive he tried on every pair of khakis in that mall that was relatively close to his size).

Anyways, things have been great at our house for the last couple of weeks. Busy for sure, but great. I finally passed the 13 week mark a couple of weeks ago, officially getting back the 3.5 weeks that my obstetrician STOLE from me when he told me I was 9 weeks along instead of 12 weeks along at my last visit (maybe 3 weeks doesn't seem that long to all of you, but it really made me bitter...), so that's good. The boys and I discovered the library down the street and have been checking out books and reading them about a million times. They LOVE it, and so do I. And we discovered Mr. Grumpy's problem--he's teething again (that's Calvin for those of you who need clarification...), so I guess I will forgive all the drooling, complaining, all around grumping and not sleeping through the night. But he seems happier today, so that's a plus. We've been becoming better friends with people in our ward and having fun spending time with our family, so life is good.

Here are some pictures for our Family Home Evening activity last night--raking leaves! Calvin, always the skeptic, took a while to get into it, but then he seemed to enjoy himself. Ryan LOVED it the whole time! Once again, I am posting way too many pictures. The first step is admitting it, right?

Michael chased the boys around with a rake and would whisk a big pile of leaves their direction while they would run. I didn't get a great picture of it, but they really loved it!


After getting buried a few times, Ryan decided it was his turn to do the burying:


He did a great job, too!


The boys, enjoying the leaves:



Ryan in a leaf pile:


Calvin's best attempt at a smile:


Ryan had this smile glued on his face almost the whole time:


Calvin loves wearing his daddy's hat:


Ryan took this picture for us! Not bad!


Me and my Ryan boy, having fun:


Me and my Calvin boy, also having fun:


I love these ones of Calvin and Michael. Michael, you are such a great daddy!


5 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Oh, how fun! I love the Michael & Calvin pictures, too. I wish we had a yard.

Michael said...

Come use our yard! We haven't put the leaves in the compost bin yet!

Caroline said...

Yeah, and we haven't even TOUCHED the back yard yet! Have at it!

Benjamin said...

probably a 30x34...

Michael said...

"Michael chased the boys around with a rake"

Makes me sound like a class A parent!