Thursday, September 17, 2009

You Need A Heart

Something about feeling better makes me want to blog a lot more frequently (probably because I'm paying attention to the hilarious things my kids do instead of lying on the couch wishing they would take naps so that I could be unconscious...). Anyways, Ryan is just keeping 'em coming today. Today so far he has told me that I am preposterous (he is three for crying out loud), and yelled over the fence to our neighbors at the top of his lungs, "HEY!!!!!!! DID YOU KNOW THAT MY GRANDMA IS VERY SPECIAL??" The best by far, however, was when Ryan and Calvin got out our set of paper punches. While Calvin was busy disassembling them, Ryan was sitting by himself punching out little heart shapes. I walked by and noticed he was singing so I listened in. He was completely making up his own tune and singing this:

"No matter what is in your heart (drawn out note, pause), no matter who you are (drawn out note, complete with a trip up and down the musical scale), no matter who your friends are (pause), no matter what (crescendo and then dramatic pause), you need a heart (tenderly), and then you'll be happy!"

There is nothing better than a sweet but completely wacky child. I love Ryan and all the fun that comes with him. Here are some pictures of the boys lovin' those punches right after the song:

You can't really see it, but Ryan is showing off a heart he just punched out:



Here's Calvin really excited about taking apart the punches and Ryan showing off the paper he punched the hearts out of:



My silly boys.



5 comments:

Michael said...

Calvin almost looks possessed in that last picture.

Rachel C. said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Your stories are always great to read!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! If I didn't have a kid of my own, Ryan would be my favorite kid of all time.
He comes in a close second though. :)

Sarah said...

That was SO cute, Caroline! I hope you all are well.

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Your kids rock. Ryan is such a sweetie.