Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Great Day

Today has been a great day! I have felt really good and energized and motivated today, which is wierd, because 1) that hasn't happened lately, 2) I'm watching 4 kids today, and 3) I got up in the middle of the night to run over to AnnaMarie and Tyler's house to watch Katie, which brings me to the next reason why today has been a great day...

WE HAVE A NEW NIECE!

Jane Carla Ferrell was born this morning at at 3:48 AM (which is amazing, because they left for the hospital around 2...my birthing genes just aren't up to par, aparrently...) and we went to visit her with the boys this morning. She is so beautiful! I just love her already. Congratulations, guys! Baby Jane, we are so happy to have you here!

Anyways, the good vibes all started yesterday after I had had a terrible afternoon feeling just miserable with a not-napping Calvin, and Michael came home with these for me:





Calla Lilies are my favorite, and Michael was just so sweet to surprise me with them. They are gorgeous. It really made my whole day so much better, and I ended up having a really nice evening with the boys and Michael, so thanks, honey! I even found the energy to give three much-needed haircuts. Here are the boys this morning with their new (ok, not new, they get the same ones everytime...) dos.




Anyways, I am just so glad to finally be feeling back to myself today that I had to share. Hooray for husbands! Hooray for flowers! Hooray for haircuts! Hooray for babies!

2 comments:

megan said...

Hooray for you, too! You seem awfully energetic to me. Nice job on their dos. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Elizabeth said...

Ooo, pretty flowers! Good job, Michael! ...and that's coming from a florist, so you know they're nice :)
Sorry that you had a bad day though!