Saturday, August 8, 2009

One Down...

BIG NEWS around the Moore household this week. I finished decorating a room! Now, for a little before and after jaunt down memory lane....

Ahhh, yes, the ugly grey paint. How I miss it!



And who could forget the freaky doll border with like a million scary looking dolls staring right at you? Not me, not me.



But, all good things must end, and so we have moved on to this:





I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and it's nice to have even just one room all done! In what turned out to be one of the smartest moves of the century, I asked my parents for an Ikea gift card for my birthday last year since I couldn't think of anything I wanted. Then I saved most of it, thinking that at some point we would have a house to decorate and we would still be poor, and I WAS RIGHT! Thank you Mom and Dad, and thank you Ikea "As Is" section! That rug has nothing wrong with it at was marked down to $5 from $40. And the toy shelf I got for $6. Love it! Yay!

5 comments:

Caity said...

I SO wish we had an IKEA close by! Good job! It's tricky getting ALL of a new house decorated and painted! Very cute!

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Yay! Good job! It looks awesome.

Elizabeth said...

I am a big fan! The colors are very nice. Oh, and Ryan's latest twitter is pretty much the best so far.

Sharesa Larsen said...

It looks awesome! Ikea as is is always amazing, unless everyone around thinks so too and takes everything before you get there!

April said...

You guys have been busy! That doll wallpaper was way creapy... what a great makeover!
Hi, from Chicago!