Sunday, June 7, 2009

BB Gun!

(Even if this says "by Caroline", it's actually by me, Michael)

Little is so manly as shooting guns. Pink manly BB guns. While wearing a cow rain coat. In front of a wire cat decoration.


The poor little guy couldn't even reach the trigger if he put the butt of the gun against his shoulder! He did have fun though. I would cock it (he tried once, and it was way too hard :-) and point it in the general direction of the coffee can we were using as a target, and he would pull the trigger.


Caroline, Ryan, Calvin, James, Benjamin and I had gone out to Janny & Jerry's to shoot the BB guns. Ryan had been talking about it all day, and was really excited. You know, RYAN excited. Once we were there though, the excitement lasted about 10-15 shots till he noticed that Auntie Jan's tractor shed had two garage doors. You can probably guess what he spent the next 45 minutes doing.


With Janny playing with Calvin and with Ryan distracted by a garage door, Caroline got a chance to shoot for a while. And honestly, she can generally outshoot me. I blame it on the fact that I have to wear glasses. Here's Caroline's excited face!

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a party. Dan saw a pink rifle at a sporting goods store last week and said he was VERY tempted to buy it for our girls. I don't know about the whole rifle thing, but I might be ok with a bb gun. Other than shooting eyes out, they are not usually involved in fatal accidents (which helps me like them)

Rachel C. said...

BB guns are fun! I went shooting with Derek and my brother and his wife a few weeks ago. We ran out of BB gun ammo pretty quickly, but we had a few other real guns too, but I was too afraid to use most of them!

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Those are awesome pictures. I love the cow jacket. And I love that Ryan got distracted by the garage doors instead. :)

Elizabeth said...

You guys need to update more often!
What is going on in your very important and thrilling lives? Inquiring minds want to know!

P.S. I wish I would be at a 10 by tomorrow... We are trying everything! I made spaghetti tonight with so much extra basil and oregano it was obscene. *fingers crossed!*

We miss you guys!!!