Thursday, May 21, 2009

Waiting waiting waiting

So, we have an offer in on a house! I mean we have an offer in on another house! I mean, we have an offer in on another house, again!

House hunting is not all it's cracked up to be. I actually really like going to look at houses, so that part is still fun, but the actual process of trying to make a house I like belong to me really bites. Although that is probably at least in part due to the fact that we are looking at foreclosures. We are on a pretty tight budget and would rather have a real house than a townhome or condo, so that leaves us with only foreclosures in our price range. But, believe it or not, some of them are really great and don't need much work at all. We made an offer on a house a couple of weeks ago, but the bank ended up taking someone else's offer. So, we hurried back to Minneapolis to look again and found another house we really liked! Hooray! So as we were about to head out to our realtor's office to put in our offer, lo and behold the house had already sold. So, we went out later that day and found another house we really liked, but as we were ready to put an offer on it, we found out it had just sold too! Ugh. So, we went back out the next day and found another one we really liked. And now our offer is in on that one and from what we have heard so far it looks promising. But I'm not holding my breath. So, I will refrain from giving you all details about the house because that will just make me even more bummed if it doesn't go through. So everyone cross your fingers and hope that we have a house soon!

So, Michael started his new job on Monday and says he really likes it so far, which is great. Although I haven't been able to talk to him much since he is staying at Ken and Kelly's house in Eagan and I am back in Ironwood with the kids. If things don't go through soon with this house, we are just going to give in and get an apartment while we sort things out, but we really don't want to have to move our stuff in twice! Anyways, I am really glad that Michael is liking his new job so far. Yay Michael!

So last weekend we went down to Milwaukee to celebrate my brother in law Tyler's graduation from med school. Way to go, Dr. T! Even more exciting (in my opinion) is that he'll be doing his residency in St. Paul which means we will all be nice and close. Yay! So, we all went swimming at the hotel over the weekend in Milwaukee and boy did the kids have fun together. Well, Katie and Ryan did. Calvin was so tired that he just pretty much snuggled on AnnaMarie the whole time, but at least he wasn't crying. Anyways, here are some fun swimming pictures:

Michael and Calvin--for the 5 minutes when Calvin wasn't pretty much asleep, he really liked splashing on the stairs here:



Here's Christy walking on the water...with a little help from Dad:



Snuggly Calvin:



He was pretty out of it, but loved being with AnnaMarie:



I love this one of Ryan and Christy. Ryan definitely preferred the hot tub over the pool, so good thing they were only separated by this little wall so he could still interact with everyone else:



Michael and Calvin checking out the hot tub side:



Grandpa convincing Katie to come in the pool:



Calvin in his swimming duds before heading down to the pool:



Boy did he love those sliding mirror doors!



Uncle James spinning the kids around in a chair:




Anyways, it was a fun weeked, so thanks to Dad for putting us up and Tyler for graduating!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOL
I can only imagine Ryan just chillin' in the hot tub. Too bad it looks like there's no ladies for him to hit on! :(

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

It was just such a fun weekend. I loved snuggling Calvin in the pool. Is there a better thing in the world than a snuggly little baby? I just love that boy. And I'm so excited that we'll all live nice and close! I'm so glad that Katie will get to grow up (at least for awhile) with Ryan & Calvin. And that I'll get to be a part of their lives, too. :) Love you guys! Thanks for being there for Tyler's big weekend.

Sharesa Larsen said...

Good luck with the house and let us know how it goes! And the pictures are so fun!

Caity said...

Oh man, that sounds frustrating! I hope it goes through! Foreclosures are frustrating (been there, doing that). My fingers are crossed!

Ben and Anna Bigelow said...

I am sorry about the house hunt. Banks are SO DUMB!! We did that with 5 houses before we gave up and eventually went for the trailer...somewhere in the middle of buying and renting, but you get your own place!!