Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Soon-to-be homeowners!

So, good news! Our offer was accepted and by June 25th we should be official homeowners! Hooray! We are really excited! Even though we found out during our home inspection last night that we are pretty much going to have to gut the entire basement, we are still excited! So, for any of you interested in seeing all of the pictures, they can be found here.

Bear in mind, it is a foreclosure and we will be doing some work :) Like, for example, moving the freaking water softener out of the family room in the basement--seriously? Yes, it is right next to the fireplace, not in a closet or anything. Some people....

Anyways, we are excited to have our own place and put in a little (lot) of elbow grease and make it even better. It's 4 bedroom, 1.5 bath and about 1460 square feet, so pretty modest, but we think it will be great for us and our crazy boys!

Anyways, so the last few days we have been here in Minneapolis again getting things done. We heard that we were going to have our home inspection about 4 hours before it started, and just my luck Ken and Kelly were both busy that night. The prospect of taking the boys with us wasn't pretty, so I called the one other soul I know in the twin cities--my friend Maria from MBA school. Let me just say, she is a SAINT! She took our boys for 2 and a half hours all by herself. She had her carpets cleaned that afternoon and STILL agreed to take them--now that is brave! Her apartment complex had its own theater complete with popcorn maker, so let's just say Ryan was in heaven. Anyways, I really doubt Maria reads this blog, but just in case you do, Maria, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MY HERO!

A few days ago the weather was nice here and the boys were in a good mood, so I decided to turn on the sprinkler and see how they liked it. Calvin the Brave, of course, was not happy about it. He cried until I turned it off. Ryan was excited for a few seconds and then started begging me to turn it off because it was cold. I tried my hardest to get him to jump through it, but to no avail. So, we resorted to blowing puffballs in the back yard, which Ryan loved. Go figure.

Here's Ryan, thoroughly enjoying that first few seconds of the sprinkler being on:



And even more thoroughly enjoying his puffball:



And here's Ryan showing Calvin the puffball-blowing ropes:



My personal favorite--it took Calvin a while to warm up to the puffballs, and apparently Ryan got bored waiting for him:



Here's Calvin finally coming around:



Love this picture of my little man:






8 comments:

Ben and Anna Bigelow said...

The house actually looks really great for a foreclosure! A little paint, but the floors and doors look good!

Elizabeth said...

So who gets the room with the doll wallpaper border?
The elbow grease is so totally going to be worth it... It's going to be so nice to be able to make real changes and renovations and not just be sinking money into a place that actually belongs to someone else!

Amber said...

Yay! A house!! And it has an attached garage--you will love love love it. Especially in the snow. I like the wood floors. And I hope the doll wallpaper is in the master bedroom because it is lovely :)
I'm so excited to watch it transform. I hope everything goes well with closing! Have fun signing your life away!

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Yeah, it looks great! Can't wait to see it in person! And really cute pictures of the boys...I love the one of Ryan waiting for Calvin to see if he wanted to take the dandelion or not...

Sharesa Larsen said...

The house looks fun! The elbow grease will be worth it! Plus I am sure that between you and Michael you will be able to do most, if not all, of it by yourselves! Also you boys are still just the cutest things ever.

Jules said...

Congrats! I'm soo excited for you. I love reading your blog because of the great stories you always have. Your boys are brilliant! Love Love LOVE the haircut story! Miss you and glad to hear that you are doing well!

Caity said...

That's great! I think the house looks great! But this is coming from a woman who has bought three VERY scary houses and one very outdated townhouse! We love foreclosures :)

Justin said...

So Brecken is officially way jealous. Congratulations you guys! good luck with the move-in/renovations!

:)