Thursday, April 9, 2009

The talkin'-est darn thing you ever saw.

So, I am pretty sure from the title that you all think I am going to be talking about Ryan. But you'd be wrong!

For months I have been wondering whether or not Calvin has been saying real words. I declared him a genius baby when he babbled something that loosely resembled "egret" while looking through a bird calendar in December, but alas, that was short lived. Although that may just be due to the fact that he doesn't get a lot of chances to identify egrets, right? Anyways, his more recent baby babbel vocab list includes sounds like "Ma ma", "Da da", "duck", "doggie", "quack", "moo" "hello" and "No no", but he doesn't actually use them for the right things most of the time.

Today, however, I have declared it official. Calvin has now said his first word. So, Calvin was upstairs napping while Ryan was building a car bedroom. What, you may ask, is a car bedroom? I'll show you.



Ryan lines up cars in a half circle around him and calls it his bedroom and gets really upset when any of the cars get moved. Pretty awesome!

So, Calvin woke up and I got him and brought him downstairs. We got into the living room and he looked at what Ryan was doing. He got a big, goobery smile on his face, pointed to the cars and said "car!"

Yay for Calvin! Although, I'm not suprised that car was his firs word. In our aparment in Provo, his favorite activity besides drooling was standing up on the couch and looking out the window at the cars driving by. Every time one went by, I would point and say "car!" Seriously, he could do that for as long as I was willing to hold him there and he would be completely enthralled.

Anyways, here are some commermorative pictures of Calvin with his cars this morning:





4 comments:

Amber said...

What an amazing genius child you have! A real word already! Although with such a chatty brother, we can't really be THAT surprised.
Congrats on the promising job interviews, I hope something great pans out!

Elizabeth said...

Ugh, I am so excited for you guys to come out and visit in like 2 weeks!
When I think about it, I make the face Ryan does when he needs to calm down (with my hands on my cheeks and all that).

Caroline said...

HAHA! That made me laugh out loud.

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

I'm so excited for Calman's first word!