Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No owls, and....uh....no blood.

So, I think the blog here is overdue for some good Ryan stories. Rest assured, they have been happening. I just haven't been very good at posting them. So here are a couple of recent ones.

Calvin was playing with some kind of toy racket and hit Ryan on the hand with it. Ryan ran up to me with a distraught look on his face and said "Ow! Mom! Calvin HIT me!" So, I looked at his hand and it wasn't even red anywhere, so I said, "Well, Ryan, I think the rule is 'No blood, no foul.'" So Ryan pondered that for a moment and then hurried back over to Calvin, furrowed his brow as best he could, and said in a stern voice, "Ok, Calvin. No owls, and....uh....no blood."


Another good one happened when we were in Minneapolis at my sister Kelly's house last week. I had put Ryan into bed on a couch in the basement and he was still not asleep about an hour later. So, I went down to find out what the hold up was. When I got down there, Ryan put on his best sweet-but-obviously-trying-to-be-manipulative face and said, "Sometimes I need a snuggle and I need attention. Like when I'm crying and I need attention from other people." At this point, I was laughing and looking around for a pen and paper to write it down, so I went across the room to grab one. Then Ryan started calling after me, "Mom? Mo--om. I love you. Do you love me? Just come here one second, ok?"

Now occasionally at bedtime when he is throwing a fit because he doesn't want to be in bed, I'll hear him yelling at the top of his lungs, "I NEED ATTENTION FROM MY MOM!"

Anyways, things have been going really well for us around here. Michael has had a couple of job interviews that he felt went really well, so we should be hearing back about those within the next week or so. Michael started running with me on Saturday and we did 5 miles. Well, probably more like 4 of it was running, but it was still good. It's embarassing running with Michael--it makes me realize just how short my legs really are. When I jog, he keeps pace with me by just strolling along. But it was nice to be outside together when it was so nice and sunny.

Oh, and I went visiting teaching in our branch here for the first time. It was a good experience, but I just wanted to say to all of you in Utah--enjoy the ward boundaries while you can! I am assigned to visit 5 sisters. I visited 2 of them on Friday. I left the house at 9:30 and didn't get home until 4:30. Ah, the good old days when they were a block away.

Well, here are some pics we took today with the camera from my laptop. I know we have more recent pictures somewhere, but I don't know where. So they will have to wait!















2 comments:

Angela said...

Yes, I don't think I'll ever take for granted Visiting Teaching in places like Utah again. :) Our ward boundaries cover a huge section of the city of Philadelphia; so not only do we have to travel forever to get there, many of our stops are right in the middle of the ghettos. :) Good to hear you're doing well!

Rachel C. said...

I love your blog!

Glad things are going well for you guys.

I know what you mean about the short legs thing. When Derek and I try to walk together with linked arms, or arms around each other, Derek always complains because my up and down motions from walking are different from his. He's such a baby! :)