Saturday, April 18, 2009

Magus, Fagus and Calvin, oh my!

So, those of you who have had the pleasure of speaking to Ryan for more than 5 consecutive minutes probably already know all about Magus and Fagus. But for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, let me give a brief explanation. About 6 months ago, Ryan decided that his beloved Cowie needed some parents. Mostly because Ryan liked to pretend to be Cowie's mom, but apparently felt like he should be assuming a whole new persona in order to make it as real as possible. So, Ryan started pretending to be "Magus". When he started telling me that he was Magus, I naturally asked who Magus was. He said, "She is Cowie's mom." Then we had to have a talk about why Ryan will never actually me a mom because he is a boy so he would get to be a dad. Disappointed but not deterred, Ryan made up "Fagus" (original--yes, we know) to be Cowie's dad. It took a while for Ryan to make the switch from playing Magus to playing Fagus, but eventually it happened, and now he is always playing Fagus. So, that's the story of Magus and Fagus.

Anyways, so the other day Ryan was playing Fagus again and I took the opportunity to ask him a few questions about Magus and Fagus. It went a little something like this:

Me: So, Ryan, do Magus and Fagus look like Cowie, or do they look like people?
Ryan: Like Cowie.
Me: Are they Cowie-sized, or are they bigger?
Ryan: They are Cowie-sized. (thoughtful pause). They have wierd lookin' heads, but they are good lookin' heads. (another thoughtful pause, this time he moves the Magus and Fagus game into the first person). We have 3 dogs! Tucker and Lucy and Peter. Those are my three dogs! Oh my STAMP IT! (side splitting laughter from Ryan/Fagus).

Don't really know what to say about that.



So, Calvin took his first unaided steps today that didn't (immediately) end in him falling over. Hooray for Calvin! I seemed to notice just within the last few days that he is losing his baby face and getting his little boy face. I can't believe he will be 1 next week! I love these pictures of him and Christy:

Calvin loves to pretend to talk on the phone:



This was right after he woke up one morning. Check out the awesome hair:



Ryan is plum crazy. Christy, you are such a good sport!



And here is Calvin, feeding Christy a sock:



Just hanging out:


2 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

That is awesome. I love the Fagus & Magus thing. Good for Calvin, walking! Yay! I can't wait to see you guys again. And it's nice to have a girl like Christy around. I love those pictures.

Ben and Anna Bigelow said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I am glad there is a good healthy imagination in that boy.