Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And We're Off!

Well, we are on our way out the door to the Great White North. We stayed up way too late last night cleaning our house, but definitely not AS late as we would have if Sharesa, Liz, Erik and James hadn't come to help. YOU GUYS ARE LIFE SAVERS! Also, if you don't have one of these, go get one now. Sharesa brought hers over last night and it saved us HOURS.

So, we are sad to be leaving Provo and excited to be moving on all at the same time. We will miss all of you guys here!

So, in parting with Provo, I thought I would leave a couple of final Ryan in Provo stories for you all to enjoy while we are driving across the country. Ryan is getting funny with his food lately. The other day I was trying to make him eat the crusts from his sandwich. He said, "But Mommy, these are my friends. I don't have to eat my friends." Needless to say, I made him eat his friends. Some mother I am.

Even funnier was the other night when we were eating spaghetti and garlic toast. Ryan said, "Daddy, I am a doggy." Michael said, "No you aren't. Doggies have wet noses. Do you have a wet nose?" Ryan considered that for a moment while we ate and then when we turned to look at him a few second later, he had his face buried in his garlic bread. When I asked him what in the world he was doing, he said, "Look! Now I am a doggy, I have a wet nose!" Sure enough, he had melted butter all over his nose. So then Michael of course said, "You are still not a doggy. Doggies have furry ears." So, of course, Ryan dips each ear into the parmesean cheese on top of his spaghetti. Problem solved.

So, we are excited to see all of our family in Michigan and Minnesota. Wish us luck on our drive and hope than it will be better than our last one, during which we totaled a car and ended up in the emergency room in Lexington, Nebraska. Side note--Nebraska is a worthless state. Bye!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Drive safe, and good luck to you! I hope all goes well and that you don't freeze.

Rachel C. said...

I am so ridiculously jealous of you guys! Starting again in a new place is so much fun. I was feeling a little sad because in just a couple of weeks, I will have been in Idaho for a year!

Ben and Anna Bigelow said...

I hope your move goes well. I think every family has to have at least one break down/accident. Once you have had one, you should be safe!!

Jules said...

I miss you already! :) Can't wait to see you in April!!

Kelly said...

Call me when you get here! Can't wait to see you!