Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving and some funny boys!

So, on the day before Thanksgiving, my Grandpa Balcom and Vicki came to visit. It was really great to see them and we had a lovely pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner. Here are a couple pictures of their visit:

Grandpa and Mom:



Vicki and the boys:



Grandpa and the boys:



On real Thanksgiving, Liz and Erik had us over for the most delicious Turkey I have EVER had. So good. I didn't get any pictures, but it was awesome.

I have been going totally crazy the last few weeks. The end of a semester is always busy, but with my field study project it has been BAD. If it hadn't been for the candidates for sainthood in my ward who have been taking turns watching my boys for me, I seriously do not know what I would have done. Not to mention Michael, who has watched them during work hours at least 3 or 4 times a week for the last month, too. Oh man, I feel like a big mommy loser. But, I FINISHED MY LAST CLASS YESTERDAY!!!!!! Oh my. There are no words. I will miss my MBA friends like crazy, miss being in on the jokes, miss feeling professional, miss learning, but I will NOT miss all of the late nights, the deadlines, the stress, yada yada yada. So, if I can make it through my final presentation in Michigan this weekend, and my 3 other finals next week, I will officially have my masters degree and you can all start calling me Master Caroline.

So, until that exciting moment, here are some fun pictures to keep you occupied:

Ryan playing the trumpet. Believe it or not, he is actually pretty good!



The fate of the second child. He is eating cheerios out of a pie pan on the living room floor.



But he really likes it!



Our boys in their jammies:



Yes, this is Ryan licking Calvin's head.



And here's Ryan putting some tiny decorative stockings on his feet. And yes, that is our pathetically small excuse for a Christmas tree in the background.

3 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Uh...I think Ryan is good at the trumpet just like stinky cheese is good to the French people.

And I love the picture of Ryan liking Calvin's head. I might just have to do a scrapbook page about that one.

Abbeyfan said...

AnnaMarie:
It sure is nice that Ryan is "liking" Calvin's head. He'll have to see it around for a long time, so he may as well like it a lot!

BTW, MBAC, you probably meant to say that it was the best turkey you ever had ... in Utah. Haha.

Amber said...

AHHH! Master Caroline!!!
You are so amazing, you did it, you did it!!!!
I'm so excited for you to be done with the craziness. Congratulations. I hope you're walking--you deserve some pomp and circumstance.