Sunday, November 23, 2008

Primary Program

So, today was our primary program (for those of you who don't know what this is, a couple of times a year, the kids at our church do a singing and speaking program for the congregation). Usually it's just kids ages 4 and up, but since none of the kids in our ward are even 3 yet, it was all toddlers, and Ryan was pretty much the star of the show. I reminded him before it started that he needed to sing loudly, and he didn't disappoint! He belted out all of the songs at the top of his little lungs, sounding pretty tone deaf, by the way. It was so funny that I laughed so hard I cried. Pretty much the whole audience was laughing, too. Ryan and his friend Ava were the only kids singing (the others were standing around looking confused), and Ava was singing at a normal volume, but Ryan was practically yelling the songs. It was really hillarious. And while all of the other kids were pretty shy about saying their lines, Ryan ran up to the microphone and fired his off with no reservations-- "I am a child of God and he has a plan for me!" He even went back up at the end and did it again. At one point during a song, they had all of the kids hold a picture of a sun, and Ryan stopped singing to yell directly into the microphone in a very excited voice "THIS IS MY STAR!" Another time he caught sight of my parents and yelled, "GRANDPA, YOU'RE NOT SINGING!!!!" He was so funny. I love my crazy boy.

Oh and this is what I heard coming from his room tonight after I tucked him into bed:

To the tune of "Mary had a little lamb"

"Did you know that this is a cow? This is a cow? This is a cow? Did you know that this is a cow? This is a cow cow cow!"

5 comments:

Michael said...

Don't forget on the way home from church when he started singing "5 Green Grandpas" to the tune of "5 green bottles".

Caroline said...

Oh yeah! That was a good one...

Elizabeth said...

Best Primary Program to date, I think.
I was a little sad that we didn't get the shout-out this time, but I'm glad that Ryan's Grandpa got acknowledged.
I laughed so hard that I was was bordering on irreverent.

Kendra said...

Okay, Ryan was hands down awesome, I was laughing while I was trying to conduct, thanks so much for being there, he made the whole program! And I loved how loud he was, just perfect! He so hilarious too:) He always cracks me up.

Angela said...

Too funny. I love primary programs!