Monday, September 15, 2008

A good day for Ryan quotes

Some days I just have a good laugh at my son. Here is a nice little sampler, all from today:

"The Lamanites were bad. And they were fighting. And the kings were fighting. And they were bad. And they were naughty. And the Lamanites were naughty. And they said, "I WANT SOME MILK!" And then they were good...and then they were naughty again."

"When I was big, I grewed up at Nephi's house. And Tucker and Lucy were there. But Grandma and Grandpa weren't there. They were in China, and it was too far away."

"The Lamanites were bad and then Tucker and Lucy were here. And then the belt was funny. And the cages were funny--the ones that were at the fair. And the cow was a funny one."

(While staring intently out the window) "Batman is coming! Yeah, he IS!"

Apparently Tucker and Lucy (my parents' dogs) and the Lamanites are at the forefront of his awareness. Oh, and last night he woke up in the middle of the night screaming and screaming for me, so I went in to see what was wrong and he was practically inconsolable because he was convinced that I stole his brush. He wouldn't stop screaming until I found him a hairbrush to snuggle.

Overall, I think I have it pretty good as a mom. For every frustrating thing he does, I probably get at least 2 or 3 good laughs over the funny things he does. I should keep that in mind the next time he finds a huge package of toilet paper under his bed and decides to decimate it.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm pretty sure that, even though he isn't aware of it, Ryan is the funniest person in town. Are you guys feeling better yet?
I got an inhaler from Dr Savage today, so I'm getting more awesome by the second.
Dinner at our place later in the week?

Rachel C. said...

Ryan is adorable! We've got some friends with a son Ryan's age. He's not quite as hilarious, but he does some cute stuff.

bethany said...

Your kid sleeps with a hairbrush? Now that's weird.

I was thinking about our tiny apartments the other day... I was having nice thoughts about it until I remembered that our roof leaked 1/2 the time we lived there.

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Good old Ryan. I tried to get him to tell me about Batman, but (as I suspected) all he knew is that he's coming. Also, the China thing came in because I told him how Tyler's parents were in China. :) LIke you didn't guess that one. And he does sleep with a hairbrush at my house...I have to admit, it's pretty soft.

Mary said...

These were fun to read!

Kelly said...

At least the funniest person in town . . .probably the world. my stomach hurts from laughing.

Abbey said...

Caroline, I'm pretty sure that this post just made my day! I love reading your blog. It's nice to hear what you guys are up to 15 time zones away. :D Ryan is hilarious! And Calvin is so cute!!!