Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why yes I am a very perceptive mother, why do you ask?

So, I took the boys over to my parents' house to do some pictures in their back yard today. I thought it was time I had some more professionalish looking pictures of Calvin and of the boys together. So I got them all dressed and we went over to my parents' house. As soon as we got there Ryan was just being totally grumpy and didn't want to go outside but wasn't happy staying inside and just couldn't make up his mind about anything and was just a pill the whole time. I managed to coax a couple of smiles out of him by yelling words he finds hilarious like "Spigot!" and "Squelch!" But the rest of the time he would just stare me down and say "Goodbye, camera." That part was actually pretty funny.

Anyways, I finally sat him down inside and held him on my lap so I could talk to him and figure out why he was being so testy. Well, as soon as I held him on my lap I realized what was wrong. The kid was burning up with a fever, and upon closer inspection I could see that his eyes were all glazed-over with that "I am sick" look. So needless to say I felt really bad for dragging him around for an hour trying to make him smile and hold Calvin. But after a dose of Ibuprofen, a nap, some orange juice and fruit snacks, he now feels much better. Sometimes I honestly think having two kids makes you space out a lot more frequently. Like yesterday, I was getting in the car with Ryan and Calvin and I let Ryan climb up into his seat by himself while I put Calvin in. Then I got in and turned on the car and put it in gear and RYan said, "Um, Mom?" And I said "Yes, Ryan?" (kind of annoyed because his questions usually aren't grounded in reality at all) and then he said "Could you please buckle me in and shut my door?" HA! Some kids just want it all...

Here are some of the better pictures form our little photo shoot:









And here are just some from hanging out at my parents' house:

Holy spit bubbles. This kid is the spit bubble champion of the world.

This just makes me laugh. Calvin looks even chubbier than usual.

He can (kind of) sit up!

6 comments:

Sharesa Larsen said...

I love the feet! Ryan is such a cute kid!

Bart said...

"Um, Mom?" And I said "Yes, Ryan?" (kind of annoyed because his questions usually aren't grounded in reality at all) and then he said "Could you please buckle me in and shut my door?" HA! Some kids just want it all...

Dang funny. And cute (lucky) of him to remind you so.

Great pictures!

Caity said...

Awww...and they still turned out great! Oh man, I've had a many experiences like that. One time I got all the way home from the gym (it's only 3 miles, but still) and go to unbuckle Emma and realize she was NEVER buckled. Yes, good mom moment. Now, when it happens, she'll tell me :)

Kelly said...

Yay, what a tubby tubby boy. Can't wait to see him.

Lisa said...

Caroline, go check your Facebook inbox!

Rachel C. said...

Cute, cute kids! I love all your stories. Too funny!

And Sharesa, where is your blog?! And where are you? Every time I come to Provo, you aren't around!