Sunday, May 4, 2008

What we've been up to this week

Well, this week has been lots of fun. I wasn't sure how it would be with Michael back at work and me at home with the two boys, but it has gone really well. On Monday I decided to take my sister's advice and barricade Ryan in the living room with me while he watched Nemo and I took a nap on the couch with Calvin. Great advice, Kelly, double nap time was fantastic! The rest of the week I actually didn't need a double nap since I remembered that if I keep Calvin up for a couple of hours before I go to bed, he sleeps much better! So since he started doing about a 3 hour and a 4 hour stretch at night for the rest of the week, I felt pretty good! I have also been taking the boys over to my parents' house and letting Ryan wear himself out on all of their cool toys while I relaxed on the couch with Calvin. Ryan loves it! I started school on Wednesday and took Calvin with me. I just have one class on Mondays and Wednesdays for 3 hours, and Calvin was very well behaved, except for some rather loud bowel movements. But I think it will work well to bring along.

So on Thursday we decided kind of last minute to go up to Boise for my friend Kristen Green's wedding--she is now Kristen Valentine! Her wedding was on Friday morning and it was just absolutely beautiful. We are so excited for her! The boys did pretty well on the drive. Ryan did great, and Calvin had to eat a lot, but was a good traveler despite all the frequent stops. On Friday we mostly had wedding festivities all day, and we were going to come home Friday night, but we were so tired that we opted to wait for Saturday. So we got up and wore Ryan out at the zoo with my friend Lanelle Barber and her kids and also met up with my cousin and her kids while we were there. Ryan's favorite animal at the zoo? Meerkats. I have no idea why, but he was really REALLY excited about those Meerkats.

We got back to Provo last night dead tired, but it was worth the trip. Here are some pictures from the last week or so:

Here is Ryan mowing the lawn...or rather the patch of weeds in the back yard...


And why not mow the cement while we're at it?


Any idea what this is?


This is Ryan sharing toys with Calvin.


He was pretty proud of himself.


Here's Ryan going down the giraffe slide at the zoo:


And playing in a tunnel:


And making a grumpy face on Michael's head:


And trying on some really big ears:


And sitting in a nest with his cousins:


And riding on a tiger with Lanelle's son Paul:


Here's Daddy having some time with his boys just before bed tonight:


Calvin lounging:


Here's Calvin having his before bedtime snack...


And looking really excited about tummy time:

5 comments:

Nate, Morgan, Asher and Sayer said...

so glad things are going well. i still can't believe you are doing school. i guess just mondays and weds isn't too bad. but still! way to go calvin for sleeping good stretches already. he really is a cutie, and i love all of his hair. i am a little bit jealous that your older child already talks so well. i may be wrong, but it seems like things would be so much easier if asher could just tell me what he wants and why he is mad. it's still such a guessing game to decipher his thoughts. oh well. soon enough i guess.

Lanelle Barber said...

I'm so glad that you decided to stay that extra night! It was fun to see you and your family, and holy cow your kids are A to the Dorable. Apparently, come next tax season Ryan's animal of choice for a pet is Meercat. Good luck with that. ;)

janaemadsen said...

I love all your pictures! Especially of course the lawn mowing pictures. What a great family- I hope you get sleep and your kids like each other.

Caity said...

Those are adorable pictures! So, so, so cute!

Caity said...

Oh, does that lawn mower work well? Do you like it?