Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Well Happy Easter, everybody!

We had a great day today, mostly because Ryan slept in until 9:00--this is unheard of at our house. So this coupled with the fact that last night was the first time in a very long time that I actually slept comfortably made it one incredible night, and I felt absolutely great today! Since we had such a wonderfully late start to the morning, the Easter Bunny didn't come until we went over to my parents' house for dinner after church at 4:00, when Michael and I finally assembled our eggs for Ryan and hid them in the back yard. It was a beautiful 60 to 65 degrees outside and Ryan had fun looking for all of eggs and putting them in his basket. He even waited until we were inside to open them, which was definitely his favorite part. And to top off the day, he wasn't even grumpy at church despite the fact that he didn't nap at all and he went to bed (and I mean no noise sleeping soundly) by 7:00. What a great Easter!

I needed a little bit of a lazy day after this week. Not only was it a pretty crazy week with school, but we played our ward basketball tournament games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the last of which we finally lost, landing us 2nd place in a 9-stake regional tournament. But we had lots of fun! To top off the week, I agreed to do some pro bono photography work for my friend who is the creator of the Whitney Award (a new literary award for LDS authors) for their awards banquet last night, which was fun, but mostly just meant I was on my feet in heels running around for 3 and a half hours. Let me tell you, after the weekend of bball and then the 3 and a half hours of heels, plus heels at church, I am feeling it today!

So, I will be 36 weeks officially tomorrow, and I am so ready to get this kid out. Really. Any time is FINE with me. I had a c-section last time with Ryan, but I think I am going to try the VBAC this time and see how it goes. Which is another reason why I really want to go into labor early. I figure that's my only shot at a normal sized child (Ryan was 9 lbs 8 oz and they're supposed to get bigger...). But we'll see what happens. I had my 36 week check up on Friday and the doctor checked me, but I am only 1 cm dialated and not really effaced at all. So, this is probably all just wishful thinking! But hey, a girl can dream.

Well, here are some pictures of our Easter festivities and of Ryan's latest swimming lesson. You'll notice that he is having a lot more fun in these pictures than in the last ones. Way to go, buddy!

Our happy little family on Easter:


My parents enjoying the lovely weather:


Putting an egg in the basket:


Getting some help from Daddy:


Finding an egg...


Michael stealing all of Ryan's goodies:


Swimming:


Getting squirted:


My gigantic belly as I watched swim lessons:


Jumping in! This was a little scary for him:


Happy boy with a kickboard:

No comments: