Sunday, February 10, 2008

Surprise! More Funny Ryan Stories!

Here's a shocker--Ryan said some more funny things. Yesterday Michael was at school working on a project and Ryan and I were here at home. Ryan was running around playing in the living room and asked if he could use my cell phone. I said yes, so he proceeded to "call" Michael at school. His pretend conversation with Michael went as follows:

"Hey there Daddy! What are you doing today?

Are you riding your scooter Daddy? Fun!

So....

How was your day at work, Daddy?

I love you, Daddy! I love you so much!

Ok, talk to you later!"

I was laughing pretty hard, especially at the part where he asked Michael if he was riding his scooter and then said "Fun!" He used the exact same intonation that I use when I'm trying to sound especially interested in what Ryan is saying. He's such a funny boy. A little while after the pretend conversation with Michael, he was running around again saying pretty ridiculous things. My favorite one was "Kelly lives in Minnesota, not Motosota!" Who knows where he gets this stuff!

In other news, I spent last weekend in Chicago with my mom, dad and sister. It was a girls' weekend plus Dad, but since he was sick in his hotel room pretty much the whole time (poor guy!), it was pretty much just a girls' weekend. It was really fun. We got to go see Wicked (it was so good!), got manicures and pedicures, ate at yummy restaurants and did a little shopping. It was fun to share a hotel room with Kelly and be silly like we were when we were kids. We all had a great time!

In other other news, Ryan finally got his long overdue haircut this week. He now looks a little more like a productive member of society. We also got him his first suit coat (thanks, D.I.) and did a little Jr. Missionary photo shoot. Also, last night Ryan slept over at Grandma and Grandpa's house, which meant we got to go out to dinner, and come home and actually get some work done. The biggest bonus, though, was that when he came home this morning he actually wanted to snuggle me! I think the last time he wanted to snuggle me was when he was, like, 6 months old. Thanks mom and dad, you guys are the best!

And, in other other other news, I am getting way more pregnant. Ryan wants his baby brother to be named Francisco, but I think we are leaning towards Calvin Mark at the moment. This was the big dilemma with names--we both really like Calvin for the first name and I want to name his middle name after my Dad (Mark Alan). Michael really really likes Calvin Alan, but I don't like ti because is practically rhymes, which really bothers me. It makes people want to say "Calvin Alvin". Calvin Mark isn't my favorite either, since Mark and Moore are both monosyllabic and that bugs me too. But not as much as Calvin Alan. Anyways, I still really like Calvin as a first name better than any of the other names we've come across, so for now, that may be what it is. Only time will tell...

As usual, here are some pictures for your enjoyment!


Here are some pictures of Ryan's Jr. Missionary photo shoot:



Me and Ryan sharing a hug:


Ryan making his first move on a girl (his friend Bella Parente):


Ryan before his haircut:


Ryan and his best (and ugliest) friend in the whole world, Cowie:


Me, mom and Kelly shopping at H&M in Chicago:


Me, Kelly, Mom and Dad outside of the Ford Theater where we saw Wicked:



Hope everyone is doing well!

6 comments:

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

Yay a new post from you! I know Ryan is saying funny things that will entertain me every day, so I appreciate you sharing some! You look fabulous, and I can't wait for Calvin to come! You better call him that because I'm already teaching Katie how to say Calvin. :) Love ya!

Justin said...

I saw Wicked at that exact same place last year! We send our best to you and I vote for Calvin Mark if that means anything.

Salem said...

Those pictures of Ryan are adorable!! And I think Calvin is so cute!!! I'm excited to see this new baby (I'm sure you are too!). And I'm glad you had fun in Chicago...we should have hooked up!!! I live here now, so if you ever come back, let me know...I'd love to see you again. You look great in your pictures...really!! Take care!

Sharesa Larsen said...

Ryan is hilarious, and fun to have around! You could always name the baby Mark Calvin Moore and call him Calvin. Just a thought. Have a great day!

Nancy said...

I am so excited for you, and your new little one on the way. When is he due? Hope all is well.

Caity said...

I love that makin-a-move picture! What a fun kid you have there! That picture reminded me of an experience I had with a boy in college :) Except Ryan is super cool (the other wasn't). Anyways...love the pictures.