Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan!




Two years ago on Tuesday little Ryan finally decided to grace us with his presence, and life has never been the same since! Besides being your typical spunky, always-on-the-go boy, Ryan has been such a sweet, loving and fun addition to our family. I love how he usually tries so hard to listen to me, especially when I make my "you're hurting mommy's feelings" face. Like when he makes loud obnoxious noises and I ask him to please make happy noises instead and he says, "La la la, I love you Mommy!" Michael and I can't imagine life without him. We love our crazy little boy!

Ryan's birthday this year turned out to be great. We woke Ryan up with a big balloon and some orange rolls and we played around a bit before we had to head off to school and to Sharesa's house. Michael picked him up from Sharesa's and brought him to pick me up from school around 3 and then we played for the rest of the afternoon until it was time to get ready for his "party", which basically consisted of about 6 adults, one 16 month old and one 3 month old. But Ryan loved being the center of attention, as usual, and having everyone sing to him and especially loved opening all the presents. We did more video than picture taking, but we did get a few good ones:

Ryan's birthday cake....let me explain....
While trying to think of what to decorate Ryan's birthday cake to look like, I tried really hard to think of his favorite things. And honestly, nothing excited Ryan more than elevators. He loves to push the buttons and go up and down...and up...and down...forever...

So, this is actually an elevator birthday cake. Ignore the fact that my frosting turned out really wierd and grainy. It's ok, he didn't mind.



Ryan getting tickles from Grandma and Grandpa Walton.


Our friends Erik and Liz gave Ryan the coolest present ever--a dinosaur hat and slippers that roar when you shake your head and stomp. Ryan had a great time with these...then he started getting worried...



Ryan with his elevator cake mustache. He was getting tired by this point.


These are actually pictures from today. Ryan and Michael were making towers with the new block set Ryan got from his Grandpa Moore and aunts and uncles. He loves them! Especially the green ones...





And here's another one from Sunday that I forgot to post before. I just love this picture!



We had a fun Valentine's day yesterday. We went out to lunch instead of dinner, which turned out to be the right choice, since we were just going to go out to dinner and bring Ryan, but he ended up being sick and throwing up his dinner...all over our living room floor...so, I'm glad we did lunch just the two of us instead! Ryan asked Sarah (Sharesa's little girl) to be his valentine (ok, it was in a valentine that I "helped" him make, but the crayon scribbles were all him), so we'll see how that turns out for him. We had a great time together at home watching Milo and Otis and eating the yummy Valentine's day treats we got from Grandma and Grandpa Walton until Ryan got sick, but that didn't really ruin my night, since Michael heroically volunteered to clean it up.

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day, too!

4 comments:

Michael said...

In the pic where he was eating the green blocks, he was calling the round blocks "salt and pepper" and shaking them on top of other blocks, and eating the salt and pepper.

Sharesa Larsen said...

Sarah said YES! She will be his valentine, all day Friday she asked for RY. Even today she has asked for him a few, like 10, times.

AnnaMarie Ferrell said...

I love Ryan too. He's so lucky to have you as parents, and you're lucky to have such a cool kid. Especially with Michael as a dad. Just kidding! :) Caroline, I love the elevator cake! What a good mom you are. I can't wait to see Calvin! And to see Ryan and Calvin together.

Kelly said...

The dinosaur head is hilarious. And I love the pictures. Happy birthday!