Sunday, November 4, 2007

Our conceited narcissist

This picture has nothing to do with this post, it's just a Ryan frog enjoying a sucker.




Stupendous Silverware



Ryan has been more and more willing to repeat anything we say, and learns new words pretty quickly. Caroline has been getting him to say "Charlotte's web" phrases like "I'm amazing", "I'm stupendous", "I'm Some Pig". He's doing pretty well at them.

Yesterday I was doing the dishes and Ryan wanted to help. He did a fine job putting away the silverware once he understood that, no, silverware doesn't belong on the floor.

After he'd put a couple of handfulls of silverware into the drawer, I told him he was doing a good job. On the next load as hi climbed up on his step stool to deposit the spoons, he declared loudly "I'M STUPENDOUS!". He then repeated it to himself quitely several times, as if to reassure himself that he in fact was stupendous.



Happy and Handsome


Today after we put his church clothes on, I said "Ryan, you look very handsome, go look in the mirror!". He bounced down the hallway to the full length mirror. He leaned against the mirror with both arms extended, looked right at himself and declared "I'm handsome!". He giggled and said it again. And again. And again. He spent about 3 minutes telling himself he was handsome and giggling



At least our kid doesn't have any self esteem issues.

1 comment:

akdoxey said...

Caroline- I was blog lurking and found yours through Amber's (oh I forgot her last name). Anyway, I was excited to find you- Ryan is so big and very adorable! Are you still in school or was that a post by Michael? Are you still in the basement of your parents? Tell them I say hello. My family is "moving up there" but who knows when that will actually take place. That'll be crazy, the Walton's, McCarty's, and Jensen's all in UT. my blog is doxeyqueensny.blogspot.com if you want to check us out!