Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Walton Family Comes to Provo!

*****WARNING****
This blog is enormous. You might need a few hours to look through it all. Don't say I didn't warn you...


The whole Walton clan got together this weekend here in Provo (my two sisters and my cousin Kirk and their families and of course my parents and me and Michael and Ryan) and partied like crazy! Well, you know, pretty much as crazy as it gets around here.

Since there are way too many great pictures for one post (even though the last 2 posts didn't have any, so I'm overdue) I will have to do a couple of posts, just to get you excited for all of the other great pictures to come!

One of the activities we did this weekend was hiking to Timpanogos Caves and taking the cave tour. It was actually a lot of fun. Here are a couple of wierd inside-the-cave shots:



It was actually pretty cool, and now I know what kinds of crazy things water can do after 80,00 years!

Here is a picture of all of the kids (except Evelyn, who was home with Ken at my parents' house since he was sick and hey, one less baby to carry up Timp? Why not!).

From left to right, Brandon and Livy (Kirk's youngest two), Luke (Kelly's oldest), Kirk Jr. (Kirk's oldest), Ryan and Eric (Kirk's second).

And here's one of Ryan and I on the way back down from the caves. No, I didn't do the hike without a baby backpack, in case you were wondering, but they won't let you take them into the caves, so you have to do a part of the hike without them after you leave them a few hundred yards from the entrance. Great view though! It was worth all the sweat. Luckily Kelly is a marathon-running she-ra super woman and carried Ryan for me half of the time (Michael would have, but he was at a job interview).

Another fun thing we did was go up to Tibble Fork Reservoir, which has been the site of many a Walton family reunion since my grandparents used to own a cabin just few minutes' walk from the reservoir). We did family pictures and fished and let the kids go crazy and have a great time. It was a blast.

I love the way our family pictures turned out, especially the ones of just me and Michael. It has been so long since we had any taken of just us! So, I got to pick out the perfect spot, set up my camera and have Kelly snap them for me. Here are a few of my favorites:




As always happens when we sit down to take pictures all together, Ryan was not a very smiley kid, but oh well! I still really like the way they all turned out.

Here are a few other random fun pictures from the trip up to Tibble Fork. And one "naked baby from behind" picture of Ryan at my parents' house for good measure.

The Barringer Clan


Ken teaching Luke how to fish


One of Michael's 4 fish! That's right! He blasted through his latest record of one!


A happy Evelyn


Ryan and Livy having fun with rocks and a bucket


Doesn't Ryan look so cute and grown up in that hat?


Grandpa and Ryan having some male bonding time


Gangsta Luke


Kelly and Liza solving a Rubiks Cube (why we're doing this at Tibble Fork, I'm not sure)


Mom getting in on the action


Awww, never to big to give mom a big smackeroo on the cheek!


My son, the nutcase! But I do love this picture.


And the naked Ryan picture. He actually had sudden-onset diaper rash and Dr. Kelly suggested he go "au natural". Thus the naked toddler on the deck.


Hope you all enjoyed that! Believe it or not, there are more pictures to come!

1 comment:

breckster said...

Horray for naked babies! I love the pictures of you and michael. I'm so glad you told me about this, I will love checking it!