Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hiking to Stewart Falls

While Michael's family were in town, we took a hike up to Stewart Falls. Michael was in class, so I went with Michael's sisters AnnaMarie and Christy and brother Benjamin, and of course Ryan. Let me tell you, that hike is a lot longer with a 30 pound kid on your back! I carried him the whole way, except for a 5 minute break where Benjamin carried him. I wonder if there's a merit badge for that? Anyways, we made it to the falls after about an hour to an hour and a half of hiking. It was beautiful, and we had a great time. Ryan even caught a nap on the way up (ahh, the life of a baby!) and woke up just as we were walking practically underneath the falls. He loves water, so he woke up very excited about the fact that there was water all over the place. We had a great time, but boy was I sore the next day! Here are some pics of the adventure:


Ryan and Aunt AnnaMarie in their shades


Ryan and Mom in front of the falls


I think this picture is hilarious


Ryan looking a little more presentable in front of the falls


In front of the falls...again...I take too many pictures...


Aunt Christy looking cute in front of the falls



Benjamin and Ryan during my 5 minute break


Ryan enjoying his nap on the way up

7 comments:

bethany said...

You're lucky to have a kid who will sleep!! I think Jak would just scream and try to get down the whole time! Glad that the cinnamon rolls still tasted good-that's the most important part!! :)

Sharesa Larsen said...

How fun and great pictures!

Caity said...

You do take great pics! I love the ones with him staring at the falls! It looks like you are having a blast!

Salem said...

Oh how I miss Stewart Falls!! Looks like you guys had a blast. That is so exciting that you are starting school again...good for you. I am a little envious. :) Burke is starting med. school next month in Chicago. So we'll be there a while...if you ever go to the Chicago temple or Oprah show...give us a call!

Salem said...

Oh--I grew up in the same stake as Caity...we went to girls camp and youth conference together...she is so so sweet, how do you guys know eachother??

Angela S said...

I just posted this comment on the wrong one..

Anyway, looks like fun! I'm major impressed by your back-packing skills! Isn't life exciting with kids?

bethany said...

Hey-I'm hosting a swap on my blog! Come and join in-I'm excited about it!!