Friday, June 8, 2007

Get excited! I have a blog!

Ok, so I seriously thought blogs were ridiculous and then I started reading my friends' blogs and now I'm hooked. Plus I'm doing a blog for my photography business and thought it might be more fun if I could also write about every day things once in a while.

So, for all of you out there who I haven't really talked to in a while (sorry!), here's the update on my life. Michael and I are still in Provo. That's right, 5 years and counting. It really should ahve been time to go a while ago, but Michael kept switching majors, bless his heart, and now I've decided to go back for my masters, so we'll be here for 2 more years! I graduated from BYU in German in December of 2005 and Ryan was born 2 months later, in February of 06. Michael is studying Information Technology and will be done in a year, and I decided to go back for my MBA which will start in August and take 2 years. Sometimes I think I am absolutely nuts. When I was majoring in German, everyone would ask me what I was going to do with that, and I would say "Graduate." Now I feel like it's basically the same thing all over again! I don't plan on going to work full time or even part time in the corporate world. I pretty much just want to be better and running my own business and maybe eventually do some consulting for small businesses.

By the way, in case any of you missed that, I've been running my own photography business for the last 3 or 4 years, and I'm loving it. It's called Elements by Caroline Photography, and the website is Elements by Caroline Photography (http://elements-by-caroline-photography.com/) in case anyone wants to check it out. I do weddings, engagements, families, you name it. It's lots of fun, but I definitely wouldn't get anything done if it weren't for Michael. He's my manager, pretty much, and keeps me in line. Anyone have any friends getting married? It'd be great to have enough money to buy my textbooks for this fall!

Ryan is now almost 16 months and he is a ball of energy. He's the size of the average 30 month old and he runs around asking for cookies and pointing at and saying the names of practically everything in the house. Cookie is definitely his favorite word. Well, I take it back. It ties with Grandpa. Anyways, he sees something he doesn't recognize, he automatically says "COOKIE!" and gets all excited about it. Obsess much? Yeah. Anyways, he loves horses and clocks and toast. He's lots of fun, and even though I often feel like I'm on the verge of going nuts as the mother of a one and a half year old, I'm really going to miss being home all day come fall. Luckily, Michael will be playing Mr. Mom for most of the time, so he won't be completely lonely.

Well, that should do for a little blog intro. More thrilling stuff to come!

5 comments:

bethany said...

Hooray! I still want you to do our family pictures sometime when we are up in UT-not sure when that will be....I'll let you know :)

Angela S said...

Yea for you! I love your blog. It is addicting isn't it? I started out as an innocent bystander & quickly became swept up in "Blog Fever." Sounds like life is busy but fun. Ryan is such a cutie & so grown up!

Caity said...

And I thought I was busy! Holy cow, a job, a mom and a masters! You go girl! You're awesome! I'm horrible at keeping in touch, blogs are so great. Glad you joined us!

Sharesa Larsen said...

Wahoo for blogs! I love your pictures!

Mary said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! I only just realized you had one. It's great to hear what you guys are up to. We should get the kids together sometime to play. Margaret's a fan of cookies too. :)